IC Women’s Crew Team Members, Goldye Horan & Madison Bess

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Goldye and Madison race in different boats, but both girls have won all four of their regattas so far this season, and there’s still more to come! With that, Her Campus is excited to hear from two rowers: Goldye Horan and Madison Bess.

Goldye Horan

Year: Junior

Major: Classic Guitar Performance, Communication Management & Design

Hometown: Great Barrington, Massachusetts

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Madison Bess

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Fair Haven, New Jersey

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Chocolate Peanut Butter

Her Campus Ithaca College: When did you join the Ithaca College Women’s Crew Team?

Goldye Horan: 3 months ago.

Madison Bess: Freshman year of college!

HCIC: Do you have a favorite regatta that you’ve raced in?

GH: The most recent one against Nazareth and SUNY Geneseo because my boat won and we PR’d.

MB: Head of the Charles in Boston freshman year.

HCIC: What do you love the most about being on the team?

GH: I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been, and I’ve met a great group of people with the same goals as I have.

MB: The camaraderie and being with some of my best friends every day and working together with them to achieve a common goal.

HCIC: What do you find most challenging?

GH: Pushing myself to finish the hard workouts sometimes.

MB: Getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night haha.

HCIC: What’s a piece of advice you’d give to someone wanting to join the crew team?

GH: Be ready to commit yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally, and good things will come of it!

MB: I am not going to pressure you or anything, but you should join the team! It’s an awesome environment. It is super fun, and it’s a great way to get in shape. I would say just know how to manage your time and stay on top of your schoolwork. Joining the team will give you a way to gain time management skills.

HCIC: What’s a fun fact about you?

GH: I was born without a sense of smell.

MB: I interned for the NHL last summer.