How to Have the Perfect Night Out…Or In!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Midterms are over, and you’ve finally gotten all your schoolwork under control. This is obviously something to celebrate! Whether that means rewarding yourself with a relaxing night in watching Stranger Things 2 or a fun night out, you deserve it! I’m here to show you some great products you can use for an amazing night out or a chill night in!

1. It’s gotten to the point where laying out to get a little color is no longer an option, and why expose yourself to harmful tanning beds when you can get that amazing glow at home? L’Oreal has a few products that will get you spray tan color for a fraction of the price and without the wait. The self-tanning towelettes allow you to get just the right amount of tan, and if you’d rather use a mousse, they make an amazing hydrating one as well. These are perfect to give you a great glow for a night out, but if you’re staying in, treat yourself to a spa night by using these self tanning products and these amazing face masks.

2. These masks from Freeman Beauty are the perfect thing to add to your spa night in or to prepare your skin for a night out! They’re extremely hydrating, and come in three different types: rejuvinating, deep cleansing and polishing. The rejuvenating mask has pink sea salt, which exfoliates and detoxes your skin, while the and cucumber calms and soothes it. This mask is great for all skin types and you can use it twice a week, or as often as you need it. The deep cleaning mask features honey for healing and tea tree oil to cleanse the skin, making it perfect for skin that is oily and prone to breakouts. The polishing mask features activated charcoal which helps defeat oils and toxins, plus black sugar that helps skin hold on to hydration. The rejuvenating clay mask is my favorite!

3. If you decided not to wash your hair when you took a shower this morning, Bedhead has you covered. They have two awesome dry shampoos that really keep your hair looking voluminous without a wash. Their shine hairspray and hard head hold hairspray are also amazing for styling your hair for your night out!​

4. One thing you can’t forget before you head out the door is brushing your teeth! One great way to bring your toothbrush on the go if you realize you’ll be sleeping at someone else’s house tonight is a steripod. These allow you to stick your toothbrush in your purse and will keep it fresh no problem.

5. Throw on some cute accessories from Aeropostle before heading out the door; these rings will complete any look. Or, if you’re staying in, use these hair ties to keep your hair out of your face while doing your face mask and watching Stranger Things.

6. One thing you can’t live without when going out is a chaser. Seltzer is the new in drink, and seltzer with fruit juice is the best, low calorie option. Spin Drift has seltzers that you can mix your drink with that only have sparkling water and fruit in them, so you know what you’re drinking. They have quite a few flavors: lemon, cucumber, grapefruit, orange mango, raspberry lime, strawberry and blackberry. Make sure you remember to turn it over a few times so that the fruit can get distributed with the water!

7. Hi-chew are a great way to get a little snack in before you head out the door, or if you’re looking to add a little more flavor to your drink, pop one in to add a little sweet taste. Or if you’re spending your night in, they are a great addition to your usual snack game. They taste just like the fruity flavors they come in, green apple, mango, grape, cherry, banana, strawberry and kiwi!

8. Now that you’ve had your rewarding night in or out, the reality is that tomorrow you’ll have to get back to focusing on school. An amazing way to do that is with an Erin Condren planner! These planners are totally customizable and you can create one to suit your taste and your needs at school! The semester is drawing to a close, you’ve got this!

All photos by Tara Stacy

Tara Stacy

Ithaca '18

I love coffee, fashion and brunching