How to Deal with Finals Stress ft. Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.
We are in the final stretch of the semester! While we know it’s imperative to get all of our school work done and study for exams, take time for yourself too. It’s all about time management. Follow this advice, and best of luck to you! 

Studying comes first 

It’s simple, if you don’t prepare for your finals, you will not perform your best. Make a checklist of what you need to get done. Get together with study groups or plan to meet with your professor during their office hours. Remember, it’s okay to ask for help!  

Organize your time/make an agenda 

Agenda? Calendar? Alarm? Sticky notes? Any of the above would work to set reminders for when to study or finish that paper you’ve been putting off. Instead of scrambling to start last minute, an agenda will help to organize your time and relieve some procrastination stress.  

Agendas can also include break times!  

Reward yourself for working hard once in a while. Here are some ideas of what to do instead of the DREADED studying: 

• Nap 
  • Go to the gorges 
  • Workout 
  • Skype your family 
  • Paint your nails 
  • Start your own website 
  • Plan out your finals week outfits 
  • Read 
  • Buy adult coloring books 
  • Drink tea and listen to music 
  • Go on Pinterest and design your next dorm room or apartment 

Indulge in the perfect energizing foods- College Student Budget Approved! 

• Peanut butter and banana rice cakes 
  • Trail mix 
  • Yogurt and apples 
  • Granola bar 
  • Smoothies from Grand Central Café 
  • Veggie sticks and dip 
  • Coffee from the library cafe 
I, personally, recommend a Froyo outing, as well. Everyone deserves a little treat during finals! 

Know that you will get through this!  

The most important thing is that you try your best. Kick butt! Summer is so close!  

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6