Grace Woodward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Grace Woodward is a sophomore Public and Community major, sociology minor from Rotterdam, New York. This cutie is perpetually busy helping others; whether it’s leading IC Feminists as the co-president or working with Invisible Children and LIPS, Grace is engaged as a part of the IC community. When she’s not busy with clubs or schoolwork, she goes to as many Service Saturdays she can and attends as many plays on campus as possible because, as she says, “I wish I had the guts to be in one!”

HC: Why did you choose to go to Ithaca College?
GW: I grew up hearing a lot about Ithaca. It’s where my mother went to college and where her and my father met and fell in love. I never thought about coming here until I had to actually start applying for schools. When I started receiving acceptance letters, Ithaca’s was the only one I got really excited about. When I came to visit, I just fell in love with the city and I felt like the school had a lot to offer me in terms of classes and teachers as well as the kinds of people it attracts. Luckily, I was right and I’m very happy now!

HC: Where do you imagine yourself in the next ten years?
GW: I hope to have a cozy house with a garden and a pig. Maybe have done a year of AmeriCorps, traveled to places in Europe and Africa, and am on my way to working for a job that fits with my values of social justice. It’s a lot of ideas but honestly, as long as I’m happy, I’m sure everything will be fine.

HC: What’s an unusual thing that the average IC student wouldn’t know about you?
GW:I’m a vegan. I don’t know how “unusual” that is in Ithaca, though!

HC: Favorite food?
GW: Burritos! Specifically from Chipotle.

HC:  Relationship status? Also – favorite date or dream date that you’d love to go on?
GW: I’m in a relationship. I’ve never been on a legitimate date before, so I think it’d be nice to just go on one. I don’t need anything fancy, I’d be really happy with just going out to dinner and seeing a movie.

HC: Same-sex crush?
GW: Aimée Argote from Des Ark.

HC: Plans for next semester?
GW: I’ll be coming back from India once next semester starts where I will be living in an ecovillage and learning how to live sustainably. I hope to implement what I’ve learned there into my life here and part of that is to hopefully start working for REMP. I’m also interested in getting involved with SWIFT.

HC: Life motto/words to live by?
GW: “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” -Edward Everett Hale

Cady Lang is a junior (class of 2014) at Ithaca College, where she is studying as a journalism major with English and art history minors. Cady is currently the Editor in Chief of 360 Magazine, Ithaca College's narrative style publication. She is also a staff writer and blogger for the college's award-winning newspaper, The Ithacan and a frequent contributor to Buzzsaw Magazine, the college's alternative magazine. She also has experience as an intern for Condé Nast and Diablo Magazine. She is devoted to art, culture and brunch. She hopes to pursue to a career in magazine journalism. Follow her on twitter: @cadylang.