Campus Cutie: Connor Shannon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Name: Connor Shannon

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications

Hometown: New London, NH

Relationship Status: Single

What are you planning to do after college with your major?:

“I’d like to go to China, make a few documentaries. That’d be pretty cool. I think they’d be about how politics affect the common person, talking to the most random people I can find about how things affect them.”

What is the greatest experience you’ve had so far?:

“Definitely going to China for the first time. Climbing all the mountains and learning Chinese was awesome. It was the best time in my life.”

What do you do in your free time?:

“I go to the gym, work, do homework, take drives. I go to the gym almost every day of the week. I’m not trying to lift heavy, just do cool things with my bodyweight.”

Favorite movie?:

Such a Beautiful Day. It’s about a guy who gets a brain tumor and it’s half animated, half shot in real life. It’s eerily accurate for an animation; it made me feel weird the whole day after I watched it.”

Favorite TV show?:

“It’s either Game of Thrones or Wilfred.”

Where would you take a girl on a first date?:

“Probably on a really cool hike.”

Do you have a dream place you want to hike?:

“I did, but I just did it this summer. Huashan Mountain. My next one would be somewhere in New Zealand.”

What are you looking for in a relationship?:

“I want someone who I can just laugh with. That’s number one. Also we have to encourage each other; go on adventures and not just sit around.”

Cats or dogs?:

“Cats.”

Avid sun-lover, living in Ithaca winters