Brandon Paul: HiFashion Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Brandon Paul, a junior English and theater studies student from Colombo, Sri Lanka, is a model for HiFashion. He is part of fun photo shoots and is preparing to walk the runway for the fashion show at the end of the semester!

Her Campus Ithaca College: What intrigued you about becoming a model?

Brandon Paul: I did one fashion show in Colombo, which led me into being discovered by an agent who soon started booking shows for me.

HCIC: What is the coolest part of being a model?

BP: I think the coolest part of being a model is being able to strut my sh*t. I can be as vain as I want without any judgments. I like to be in the spotlight and this allows me to.

HCIC: What is the most challenging part?

BP: I would say knowing that you need to stay in shape, so I go to the gym six days a week.

HCIC: What is it like being in the fashion show?

BP: I used to hate photo shoots because I used to think I was not photogenic. However, I sucked it up. I love the runway though. My favorite part is being backstage because I get to see the stage behind the show.

HCIC: What do you think of this season’s theme?

BP: So the 60s are my favorite period, but they are going in a hippy fun aspect and I love the grease/leather aspect such a sharp-cut suit.

HCIC: What else do you like to do besides model for HiFashion?

BP: I love acting and making music. I would say I am a singer-songwriter who also creates alternative rock as well. I play guitar and the keyboard, so it’s great to create music.