This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.
This year was the first time I went on vacation without my family. It was an incredible week with one of my best friends and something I will never forget. If you’re not sure whether or not you should save up money and plan your spring break during your college years, I’m here to say that it’s worth it.

Here are a few things I did this past week which might be helpful in your future spring break plans:

Go Somewhere Warm!

This is vital for being able to release yourself completely from the stresses of college. Sun is the major component in all vacation planning, or, at least, it is for me. This doesn’t mean you have to spend a whole week and a lot of money to sit on a beach somewhere. Invest in two or three days of sweet blissfulness and some fun in the sun that won’t kill your bank account. You work hard all year long; you deserve this!

Head to the Zoo

You don’t have to be 12 to enjoy a carefree day at the zoo with one of your best pals. I went to Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach, which happened to be my first drive-through zoo experience; I highly recommended it (I even got to feed a giraffe). You don’t just shrug your shoulders and forget about the first time you fed lettuce to a giraffe; it’s an experience one does not easily overlook.

Go to a Concert

What better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than going to the 20th-anniversary concert of the Dropkick Murphey’s in Boston! It was an Irish festival of crowd-surfing and good friends, and was so wickedly awesome. Can’t wait for next year!

Lay on the Couch

Let’s face it, as strung-out college students, nothing feels better than putting on your comfy pants and sprawling out in front of the TV with your favorite snacks. You’re allowed to be lazy and gross without judgement, so go for it and enjoy your spring break any way you want.