The Best Romantic Movies to Watch on Valentines Day (Or Any Other Day)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

While I personally love watching romantic movies all times of the year there are some people who save them for February, the month of love. So if you need a movie to watch for Valentine’s Day here a list of some of my favorites.

10 Things I Hate About You

I love sitting down to watch this movie! It’s full of funny adorable moments that make me dream of a young Heath Ledger. If anyone wants to serenade someone to “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” just give me a call. 

Crazy Rich Asians 

This movie is honestly one of the most adorable romantic movies to come out recently. I love how amazing the story and characters are. The setting is beautiful and so is Nick Young. I think I want my wedding to look just like Colin and Araminta’s. It’s the most adorable and gorgeous scene in the whole movie. 

The Proposal

Anything Ryan Renolds is a yes in my book but this movie is just truly amazing. The premise is hilarious and I love the relationship that Margret and Andrew have. Watching them interact with his family while trying to hide the fact that their engagement is fake is so funny. If your looking for a more comedic romantic movie this is probably the one for you. 

Sweet Home Alabama

This movie has such an interesting premise. A girl who fakes her background to conceal the family she is embarrassed about is so funny plus a hidden past with an ex-husband who refuses to sign the divorce paper. I love Melanie’s relationship with Jake. I wish I had a love like they did when they were ten years old!  

27 Dresses

I will watch any movie that James Marsden is in but this is where I developed that love. This movie is so cute and I love the chemistry between Jane and Kevin. I think about them every time I hear the song Benny and the Jets.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

This movie really makes me think about my relationship with my family. I love the dynamic of the characters and the hilariousness of the parents. I was really able to relate to how crazy the family is. It’s exactly how I feel at family reunions. It’s so funny and happy and I just love it.

Mamma Mia

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! I grew up on the Abba songs but this movie just makes them all come to life. If you are ever in a bad mood just watch this movie and you will cheer up in no time.  

Victoria is a senior Emerging Media major with minors in Sociology and Women's and Gender Studies at Ithaca College with aspirations to go into business (maybe be a CEO one day). She loves to read a good YA fantasy book (Slytherin forever) or watch great TV shows. She is passionate about traveling, music, and reading.
Allaire is an inquisitive and confident lady who loves to watch reruns of her favorite shows (Bones anyone?) and enjoy the finer things in life like sand in between her toes, the sun on her skin and chocolate ice cream. Allaire is a senior Sociology major and Women and Gender Studies minor with aspirations to be a human rights lawyer and a songwriter. She is passionate about music, traveling and social justice.