This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

1. Fashion 

Whether your style is hipster or preppy, there are endless ways to spice up your style during this beloved season. Let’s face it, who doesn’t love an excuse to wear big sweaters, snug scarves and adorable boots?

2. Apple Cider Donuts 

Apple cider donuts are a MUST have during fall. I recommend stopping by your local farm or bakery to see if they make these scrumptious treats. The fresher and more authentic they are, the better. Trust me, it’s worth the trip.

3. Leaves

The sight, the smell and the sound of autumn leaves. You know it is officially fall when the leaves transform into magnificent colors of red, orange and yellow. There is nothing like the smell of a crisp October morning and the sound of the crunching leaves.

4. Carving/Decorating Pumpkins 

Whether you love spooky or sweet, pumpkins can be masterpieces of many forms. Pumpkin carving and decorating is not as popular as it once was, but it is totally worth the process. Is it really fall if you didn’t stick your hand into a slimy and seed-filled pumpkin?

5. Apple Cider 

To go along with your apple cider donuts, you can have some original apple cider. Hot or iced, this yummy beverage is perfect for a chilly fall afternoon. You can even make it in the comfort of your home! 

Check out this link for more recipe details: http://wellnessmama.com/25946/apple-cider-recipe/

6. Halloween 

Whether you go for spooky, cute or kooky, Halloween is always a good time. Get your girlfriends to do a group costume or boldly do your own thing. Remember, it is Halloweekend, so there are multiple chances to switch up your costumes!

7. Farm Festivities

From apple picking to hay-rides, there are various activities you can do with family, friends or your significant other to make for a perfect fall day. Do your best to check out a local orchard or farm during the fall season.

8. Thanksgiving 

Food, food and MORE FOOD. You do not appreciate a beautifully home-cooked meal until you are a college student. Having dining hall food as your source of nourishment makes Thanksgiving a trillion times better. Almost a month away, people. Keep dreaming of those mashed potatoes.

9. Taking It All In 

As amazing as fall is, it unfortunately does not last very long. Mounds of snow and chilling temperatures are right around the corner, so get out there now and enjoy this beautiful weather while you can.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9