This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Nowadays everyone seems to have a tattoo! But they aren’t all ones you would normally think of.

Food-Related Puns

Even though I love food-related puns and really appreciate this one I’m not sure I’d get it tattooed on my body but maybe I’m just not brave enough!

Tattoos that FLEX

The placement of this tattoo is so clever but I never thought

Glow in the Dark

I didn’t know you could do glow in the dark tattoos.

Sleeve Tattoos

Sleeve tattoos are nothing new but I love this one, Keith Haring is one of my favorite artists so this one definitely stood out to me. 

More Puns: Heart On Your Sleeve

As mentioned before I love a pun and this delicate tattoo and the perfect placement would have me laughing for a lifetime!

3D Tattoos

I never considered a 3D tattoo but I love the mermaid scales in this tattoo.

Clever Tattoos: Entropy

I love clever tattoos and this one has to be one of my favorite with my love of science and art, it visualizes the concept of entropy, chaos, so beautifully.

Connect the Dots

I’ve often thought of connecting my freckles to make a picture now you can do it with a tattoo!

Allaire is an inquisitive and confident lady who loves to watch reruns of her favorite shows (Bones anyone?) and enjoy the finer things in life like sand in between her toes, the sun on her skin and chocolate ice cream. Allaire is a senior Sociology major and Women and Gender Studies minor with aspirations to be a human rights lawyer and a songwriter. She is passionate about music, traveling and social justice.