This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

As autumn quickly scurries by and winter approaches, we tend to find ourselves scrolling through pictures from the glorious days of summer. Whether you went on an amazing vacation, danced around bonfires working as a camp counselor, or read books on your hammock at your lake house, summer is always a cherished period of time. I compiled some of my own photos to help us cope with our denial that summer is officially gone and won’t be back for many months. I will most definitely be referring back to my photos and memories of the summer in order to help me get through what is supposed to be the worst winter ever. We can do this, people.

1. The Beach

Whether you spend a sunny afternoon on the beach or prefer to go for walks at sunset, there is nothing better than getting your toes in the frigid water and enjoying a PB&J on a picnic blanket.

2. Food

Since I’m from New England, the most popular food during the summer is sea food. Meals can vary from oysters to fried calamari to clam chowder. Seen here is a beautiful lobster roll and my all-time favorite, sweet potato fries.

3. Adventures

Especially here in Ithaca, there are so many gorgeous hiking trails to explore. Although it is possible to continue going to these trails during the winter, it is so much more enjoyable to go on a 70-degree day. The best part is going for a swim with friends after working up a sweat.

4. BBQ’s

There are so many enjoyable smells of the summer. One of the best smells is the sizzling burgers and dogs being grilled in your backyard. Not only the food, but the love between family, neighbors and friends creates such an enjoyable and comforting atmosphere.

5. Summer Nights

Simply watching the sunset by a lake or ocean while licking an ice cream cone and feeling the salty breeze in the summer air hit you is such an idealistic feeling of summer. Remember this feeling when you are facing the negative wind chills here in Ithaca.

Image Credit: 1, 4