5 Reasons You Must Watch Veronica Mars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

You might remember Gilmore Girls and you might remember The O.C., but there are very few of us who remember Veronica Mars, which ran from 2004-2007. We’ll it’s time we turned you into a “marshmallow” before 2014 when the Veronica Mars movie hits the big screen. After breaking Kickstarter records on March 13, 2013, I began picking up on the cult WB classic and I am officially addicted. I am not going to reveal any major plotlines (because that’s for you to figure out) but I will present to you my top five reasons why you should start watching one of the best televisions shows ever.

1. It’s going to be a movie. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a movie that everyone is talking about and you have no idea what’s happening because you never watched the prequel. If you don’t start watching Veronica Mars now that’s exactly what is going to happen. Sure, they will throw in a few flashbacks (it is Veronica Mars, anyway) and create a new storyline but you will be confused. Now you have a year to catch up on three seasons before the release and you’ll feel like such a VM fan when you see the movie.

2. Every episode leaves you on your toes.What I really love about Veronica Mars is that every episode and every season depends on each other. You need to watch the episodes in a nice flowing order; perfect excuse to watch all the episodes at once (just like I do). If you love mystery and drama, open up your laptop and get ready to procrastinate your homework because this is the show for you. With all the suspense there will be no way you will be taking your eyes off the screen.

3. You will develop a character crush on Logan Echolls. Just say you’ve been warned because I guarantee you will fall in LoVe with Logan Echolls. One thing that is so different about Veronica Mars compared to other teen dramas is that the relationships are not the least bit cheesy and you can blame that on Logan. He is witty, funny, good looking, violent (in a hot way),wealthy, sexy, and troubled. Also, like all great shows, you are constantly rooting for him and Veronica to be together. After all, nothing is better than LoVe.  

4. The theme song rocks. The Veronica Mars theme song is called “We Used to Be Friends” by the band The Dandy Warhols and it is so catchy. It also describes the series in the best possible way. I don’t know about you, but I love when a television show has an iconic theme song and Veronica Mars‘ certainly makes the cut.

5. It stars the Kristen Bell. Before Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Gossip Girl, Kristen Bell put her private eye skills to the test and played the Veronica Mars. After watching this show I appreciate Kristen Bell so much more than I already do. I could not imagine anyone else playing Veronica Mars the way that she did and without her it would be a completely different show. You don’t even mind the silly voiceovers because she has the most soothing voice. I mean she did get cast as Gossip Girl after this show for a reason. Anyway, Ms. Kristen Bell is now officially my short blonde role model (and I can’t wait for her new baby).

I am so glad the Veronica Mars story gets to continue in a feature film because I will have withdrawal. After you watch the pilot, please visit Kickstarter and contribute to project so it can be the best movie ever. Well what are you waiting for, are you ready to visit Neptune?

Disclaimer: I am sad to say that this televison show has nothing to do with the solar system but maybe Rob Thomas (the creator) has a thing for planets?

Hi HC readers!! My name is Carly and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ithaca College. I am currently majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Communication Management and Design and the Honors Program.  When I am not focusing on my studies or Her Campus, I enjoy singing, shopping, and watching reality television shows. I love writing and I am glad I am able to express my thoughts through Her Campus Ithaca. If you go to Ithaca and would love to get involved in writing for or promoting HCIC, send me an email at carlyschneer@hercampus.com. Keep Calm and Read On!