This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

It’s around that time of the year when our skin isn’t feeling its best. The air is dry and cold here in Ithaca, which causes the skin to become dehydrated. Everyone’s face can benefit from a moisturizer, no matter what the season. But we especially need it in the wintertime. If your face is feeling a little dry and in need of a boost, look no further than some of these highly-rated moisturizers for less than ten dollars at Target.

1. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream (6.5oz for $4.99)

This moisturizer received great reviews from customers who purchased it, with many people saying it does a great job at hydrating their dry skin. Numerous other customers rave about how they’ve been using this classic for many years. This moisturizer is best suited for dry or sensitive skin in order to retain moisture. It is hypoallergenic and won’t clog your pores. 

2. Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer (6.0oz for $8.89)

This face moisturizer gets bonus points for having SPF 15 in it, which helps protect against the sun and aging skin. Its formula is oil-free and non-greasy. The Olay moisturizer is a great all-year-round type of face lotion for a great price.

3. e.l.f. Daily Hydration Moisturizer (2.53oz for $8.00)

This everyday moisturizer will nourish the skin with its Shea butter, jojoba oil, aloe and other soothing ingredients. It is recommended for all skin types: dry, oily, combination, normal and sensitive. The creamy formula is lightweight and is highly recommended by its users. 

4. Garnier SkinActive 3-in-1 Face Moisturizer with Aloe – Dry Skin (6.75oz for $6.99)

This cream moisturizer is great for day and night and will leave the skin soft and smooth. It is best suited for dry and sensitive skin. Many of the hundreds of reviews say this product is not greasy and hydrated their skin very well.

5. L’Oreal Paris Hydra Genius Mattifying Water Gel (3.04oz for $9.59)

For those of us with oily skin, this product is wonderful. I recently used this moisturizer both in the morning and at night for almost a year before running out. It has a gel-based formula that won’t clog pores or feel heavy on the skin. It controlled my excessively oily face fairly well throughout the day and made my skin feel plump and hydrated.

I am a Freshman at Ithaca College with a major in Psychology. I'm a member of Ithaca's Honors Program. I have a great passion for women's rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and human rights in general. When I'm not doing schoolwork, I'm probably catching up on the latest Jeffree Star video or binge-watching Jenna Marbles until sunrise.