This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.
Laundry

Take a weight off your mind and get your laundry done. Plus, you can multi-task and get something else done while you are waiting for the machine to finish.

Busy Work

Any assignment or thing you have to do such as sending emails, fill out forms, or other busywork that requires minimal brain effort but is relieving to get out of the way.

Organize Your Computer Files

It’s so much easier in the long run. You’ll be glad you did it, especially when you’re trying to submit all of your final papers.

Clean Your Room

It’s hard to work in a messy area, and finals season makes slobs of us all. Clean up your room so you feel better when you’re in their alternating between studying and sleeping. 

Work On A Different Assignment

Sometimes you just need to work on something shorter, easier, or more fun.

Apply To Internships

Now is the time to be applying to summer internships, and that’s just as important (if not more) to your future as your upcoming finals.

Do Your Holiday Shopping

The holidays sneak up on you when you’re studying away, but you don’t want to be caught empty-handed.

Make A List

You’ll feel better about the work you have to do when you see it laid out clearly. Plus, it feels so much more satisfying to complete a task when you get to cross it off your list.

Go Grocery Shopping

Get out of the house and out of your funk, but also get some of your weekly chores done.

Make A Schedule

You’ll feel prepared and productive, and even if you haven’t started that final assignment yet. But now you know exactly when you will be starting and when you’ll be finishing.

Take A Shower

How are you supposed to focus if you feel gross? That’s right, you can’t. Better get in the shower and make sure you feel your best so that you can focus.

Eat A Meal

You need to eat, and you probably need some brain food before you dive into that study guide.

Write A HerCampus Article

I wrote this in one of my classes when I was supposed to be writing my twenty-page sociology paper!

Aidan is a sophomore Communication Management and Design Major with minors in Integrated Marketing & Communications, Sociology, and Women & Gender Studies. She loves to read and is passionate about sex positive education. When not balancing life's many demands, you can find her making midnight runs for chips and queso or crying over romcoms.
Allaire is an inquisitive and confident lady who loves to watch reruns of her favorite shows (Bones anyone?) and enjoy the finer things in life like sand in between her toes, the sun on her skin and chocolate ice cream. Allaire is a senior Sociology major and Women and Gender Studies minor with aspirations to be a human rights lawyer and a songwriter. She is passionate about music, traveling and social justice.