10 Reasons You Should Watch The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

I recently finished watching The Office all the way through for the second time and I’ve come to the conclusion that everyone needs to watch this show.

1. It’s Hilarious

The Office is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Every episode has a lot of laughs and you’ll have a hard time stopping during most episodes. Bonus: this show doesn’t have a laugh track to decide what’s funny for you.

2. The Episodes are Short

Most episodes are around 20 minutes long, so it’s easy to watch one or two when you don’t have a lot of time. It’s also easy to convince yourself to keep watching “one more” until you’ve lost count of how many you’ve watched in one sitting…

3. The Entire Series is on Netflix

All nine seasons of The Office are currently available on Netflix. It’s easy to watch the whole show at your leisure and since the show ended in 2013, you don’t have to wait for new episodes.

4. The Characters are Relatable

All of the characters are human and relatable. Some of them are a bit out there, but they all have moments where you see that they’re just like everyone else.

5. You’ll Understand More References

Because The Office is such a funny and popular show, a lot of people make references to it. It’ll be nice to finally understand all of the jokes you were missing out on.

6. You’ll Get Attached to the Characters

After a while, you’ll really start to like all of the characters and root for them. I even found myself liking the most hated characters. You can’t help getting attached to the characters after watching them for so long.

7. The Storylines

There are a lot of funny and engrossing storylines on The Office. Although you could start watching at any point in the series and not feel lost, the storylines do tie everything together and make you want to keep watching.

8.  It’s Deeper Than it Seems

The Office is so much more than just a comedy. The characters have actual problems and the show makes you think about a lot of different issues.

9. It Never Gets Old

Most shows that are on for as long as The Office was get to point where they aren’t enjoyable to watch anymore and you want them to end. Even though The Office goes through some major changes along the way, you’ll never want it to end and it’ll keep you interested until it does end.

10. You Can Watch it Over and Over

I watched reruns and new episodes of this show while it was on the air and watched the whole series twice on Netflix. So much happens on The Office and it’s so funny that it’ll never be boring when you re-watch it.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Gillian was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Ithaca from September 2018 to May 2019. She was a journalism major and anthropology minor at Ithaca College and graduated in May 2019. Gillian enjoys reading, writing, Harry Potter, the Sims and grilled cheese.