Meet the Staff: Jessica Hansen, CC & Editor-in-Chief

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Iowa State chapter.

Who:
Jessica Hansen, Campus Correspondent & Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Iowa State

Major: Journalism & Mass Communication

Favorite Quote:  “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”  (Audrey Hepburn)

Favorite Place to Study:  The West Lounge in Memorial Union.  It’s so beautiful, cozy and quiet.  And I especially love when people play the piano in there. :)

Favorite Place to Eat in Ames:  Sushi at Fuji!

Dream Job:  Writing for a decor or lifestyle magazine.

Plans After Graduating from Iowa State:  I hope to land a writing job, hopefully in the shelter magazine industry. I’ll get my own place that I can fill with vintage furniture, paint any color I want and decorate to my heart’s content. I’d like to travel, too.

Favorite ISU Memory So Far: The amazing girlfriends I’ve made! They spice up my life with their spontaneity and personalities. I especially love when we plan a theme for going out—Santa and reindeer, Lady Gaga monsters, masquerade masks… dressing up in ridiculous costumes always makes for a fun night!

Most Embarrassing Moment at ISU:  At the MU bookstore I bought a bunch of supplies to make a display for Clubfest—a tri-fold display board, sparkly paper, markers, tape, cardstock. The guy at the check-out asked if I wanted a bag for it all. I insisted, “Nah, I’m just gonna put this together right away.” I paid, gathered my supplies and didn’t get three feet away before I dropped it all. Papers flew and markers scattered everywhere. The guy again asked, “Are you sure you don’t want a bag?” I still declined. I just gathered my stuff and got outta there.

Hobbies/Past-times/Spare-time:  I blog at LovelyUndergrad.com, read historical fiction novels on my Kindle, obsess over decor and lifestyle magazines, hang out and go out with friends, attempt new recipes in my itty-bitty apartment kitchen, browse antique stores, work park-time in the JCPenney men’s department, drink coffee and watch movies.

Random Fact People May Not Know:  I collect vintage typewriters.  My oldest dates back to about 1912. My newest is from the 1960s.