This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Christmas is one of the best holidays. We get to be with friends and family, enjoy a special menu (only done during the holidays), and we get time off our busy schedules. As kids, our Christmas spirit was based on this amazing illusion. It was not only the waiting to see what “Santa” brought us, but also getting excited to put the tree and decorations around our house. As we get older, some of us leave behind what we used to do as kids and that illusion is left in our rear view.  To return to that amazing illusion we had as kids, we can do numerous things to feel that Christmas spirit as young adults in college.  Here is a list of things we can do to return to an amazing Christmas spirit:

1. Dress for the occasion 

Find some fun Christmas outfits in any department store nearby. If you cannot buy them, it is okay, be creative and make something for yourself.  You can get fun Christmas pajamas, ugly Christmas sweaters or anything that reminds you of what Christmas used to feel like as a kid.

2. Wear Christmas hats, headbands, or any accessory 

Find Santa hats or fun Christmas headbands. These can be found basically in any store. If you would like to be more discreet, find some funny Christmas socks you could hide a little. Even if no one can see them, you know you are wearing them and that makes it amazing.

3. Gather your friends and share Christmas music

Gather your friends and family and go caroling around your streets. In Puerto Rico, we do “parrandas” instead of caroling, but whatever it is called where you are, just share the music. Give your neighbors a little joy while you sing your lungs out. If your neighbors do not want to hear it, sing along with your friends somewhere else.

4. Bake something nice and simple 

Bake some cookies and/ or cake to share with your friends, family, and neighbors. You do not have to go all out, just make it cute and eatable and you are good to go share a little sweetness. Believe me, they will enjoy it.

5. Take a picture with Santa Claus 

In every nearby mall there is a Santa. Ignore the people that stare at you and take a good picture with Santa. Relive that excitement you felt as a child.

6. Watch Christmas movies

If you are not busy, gather with friends and family and watch Christmas movies. It does not matter which genre you prefer, there is a Christmas movie for every preference. Also remember that the classic movies are good too.

Going back to the feelings you had as a child can lead you to enjoy that special holiday a lot more than you usually do. Remember, you can do many things to reinvigorate that amazing Christmas illusion you had as a kid!

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥