Meet Emmalynn Gonzalez, Designer and Owner of E.G. Atelier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

You might have seen this colorful soul around our Campus or on social media as E.G. Atelier. Emmalynn is currently a senior who is majoring in Art Education at Inter San German. Ever since she was a little girl, she had a passion for art and always had a feeling that it was her calling. Growing up, she had very supportive parents, who always encouraged her in pursuing her interest. Over the years, they helped her enrich her knowledge on Art, materials and literature. Their support always kept her in the path of art, so she decided to study Arts. Since she took her decision, she never looked back.

During her early years in the Art program, she took several courses that really inspired her; one course in particular changed everything. For that course, as a final project, she had to make a self-portrait. To make it very distinctive, she decided to add some avocado earrings to herself as a funny but accurate portrayal of her style and interests (this portrait is now her signature logo at E.G. Atelier). Months later, she started to think about her portrait, and especially those avocado earrings. So, she decided to grab some material and make them real. She wore them for an exhibition she had at a local restaurant. During her event, she got so many compliments and so many wanted to know if she could do the same ones for them as well…and I think you know how this story goes.

She decided to call her newly born business, E.G. Atelier. She decided to open an atelier because it meant that it could be opened to so many things, it wouldn’t seem limited. She really wanted to emphasize the importance of what goes on behind the scenes. Even though, most people focus on the final results, she really wanted to make the process of creating conscious.

Her creativity opened up and so she started making not only avocado earrings, but fruit earrings mandala earrings, cactuses earrings and so on. Her inspiration comes from the idea that she can make something with which everyone identifies and speaks to them. And as many artists do, she took on more risks; she started making some artist inspired earrings, necklaces, rings, pom pom earnings, hoops, tassel earrings, clothing and much more. She also takes special orders. She allowed herself to expand her horizons but she never left behind her favorite creations: her painted earrings. Painting is what she loves most and it will always hold a special place in her heart.

Once Emmalyn started to share and do what she loved and inspired her, she fulfilled herself. Something she recommends everyone to do. She believes that it is not about fitting in but about standing out and being happy and comfortable with yourself. After her business launched, she started to change her style and let it be as outspoken as she was and as saw herself.  She later decided to grow her natural hair; something of which she’s very proud nowadays. “You have to be yourself and only yourself, once you focus on you and not what society dictates for you, you will feel truly at ease with yourself and in your own space”. She encourages women and her clients to do the same. Once you understand what you like and who you are; confidence is the best accessory you could have…besides those cute pom pom earings, of course. “Changes aren’t something that have to happen overnight” she says, “They are baby steps you take as you feel comfortable and confident. Don’t push yourself into something drastically different if it’s not what you are certain you like. Always be yourself, your happiest self.”

If you want to know more about E.G.Atelier or want to see more of her creations follow her on Instagram and Facebook as: E.G. Atelier. Don’t be afraid to send her a message if you are interested in buying some her incredible creations.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥