kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Keeping an Organized Living Space

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

We have all been through having a disorganized living space at one point or another, whether it be at work, or at home, we let clutter accumulate and everything just goes downhill from there. There are many ways to maintain your living space organized, making it more appealing to you and others. An organized space is important because  not only does it look great and it stays clean, but it also makes you feel great and relieves you of stress. In addition, keeping an organized living space gives off good energy. 

Decluttering can be stressful and draining, but putting in the effort will make it all worth it. Having clutter can make for a stressful and tiring working environment. Stress levels go up when we are faced with a task that appears to be difficult for us. The main thing that one must do when beginning to declutter is to decide whether or not the object that is lying about is of importance anymore. If it’s an object that can be used again, it can be kept and put in a better spot; if not, it can be tossed away.

Staying organized can be a hassle, it is so easy to begin to clutter, even if we try to stay as neat as possible. There will always be a few things that will just get in the way and hinder our thoughts. Maintaining a well organized living space takes time, effort, and dedication.  

The benefits of having an organized living space are that it helps you think clearly instead of dwelling on what you will be needing to clean up, which in turn will distract you from what you should be focused on. It also helps you build a good habit of keeping track of things that you may need. Furthermore, it can help you be more productive. Overall, keeping an organized living space can help you become less stressed, which may even  improve your health.

Hi! My name is Nacelyn and I'm majoring in political science. I joined the HC Inter SG chapter about two years ago and have since continued to develop my writing skills. My writing interests include politics and social issues, among other things. Besides writing, I currently serve as co-correspondent for the chapter.