Going to Shopping With a Boy Isn’t Too Bad At All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Shopping, in my opinion, is a really stressful duty. I’m a girl who enjoys shopping but at the same time, I’m a girl who hates to go to the mall and enter every single store. Why? Well mostly it is because I never found anything my size. I’m the kind of girl that usually buys things from the kids department instead of the women’s. When I go shopping I do it alone because I know how annoying I can be. I mean, for example, when I go to the mall with my mom she really hates the way we enter a store and at the door I say “No, let’s go I hate everything” or when I’m in the fitting room and I says “this is too big for me” and I am already trying X-Small size. Then she becomes mad because I didn’t find anything. So the idea of shopping with a boy was –to me –absurd.  Boys hate shopping; I become frustrated when shopping; what could the experience not go wrong?  But today I’m going to explain to you why going to shopping with a boy isn’t too bad, even when they hate shopping more than girls like me.  

When you go shopping with a boy, no matter whether is a friend, a family member or your partner, they give you the look of “Oh God here we go again!” He might specially consider  the situation where you go to the first store, you like everything but you decide to go to another store, just to check, and then repeat this cycle for hours to ends in the first store where you liked everything. However, even though they don’t want to be there, they will find a way of being helpful if you ask them. This is why I consider they are better than girls. How? First, they will tell you sincerely if a piece of clothing is ugly, if you look ridiculous (let’s be sincere, some girls may lie about how you look in certain clothes) or if you look stunning because –when they want –they can be very honest. They don’t really have a lot of invested interests besides keeping you company and making you happy. Second, they can give you their opinion about matching shorts with a cute blouse, and they can even just pick something they like and make you try it on. You might find yourself wondering “Why didn’t I see this?” because that blouse, or that dress, is just the piece of clothing you were looking since the beginning.

They can be good at helping you pick the right pair of shoes that match perfectly with your outfit and even they can help you choose the accessories that you’re going to wear. On the other hand, they also might like to go the underwear store, which is such a classic cliché, but this is a story for another day.

Boys can be impatient, like little kids sometimes but are the best company for shopping. In addition, they can make you feel confident about yourself and your outfit and your body. So thanks to all the boys who keep us company in with all their patience and help.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥