This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Art is something that allows us to express ourselves, and it manifests itself in various ways. Painting, sculpture, music, photography, writing, among many other forms. Being an artist of any form requires imagination, depth and passion for what one does.

A painter does not merely just paint because it is fun, they paint because it is what fulfill them; they get so engrossed in the swirls, splatters and colors as they add them to their canvas that they can forget about their surroundings and live forever in their reverie of colors and textures.

Sculptors have an unmatchable dexterity when a chisel and a hammer, having to keep steady and knowing exactly what way to move their hands and how to carve away at their piece.

Musicians can be either solo artists or be part of a band; we have drummers, pianists, lead vocalists, backup singers, lead guitarists and backup guitarists, among other types. No matter how they perform, they can arouse a diverse gamut of emotions by the stroke of simple yet powerful notes.

Photographers love to capture every single moment that is available to them, with just a click of a button they capture the beauty, horror, magnificence and just the overall quality of life that surrounds them. They capture those moments which to them will forever remain permanent, a moment frozen in time in which nothing else exists except for what is seen through their lenses, capturing a piece of art and storing in their camera to hold and cherish and to look back on. Every photo contains a piece of the photographer’s soul.

Writers have various ways of expressing their art. Writers can express themselves by writing out emotions, which can either be shared with others or kept for themselves. There are poems, short stories, plays, movies scripts, etc. Every piece of writing carries a piece of the writer’s heart and soul. All of their effort is put into whatever they write to make sure that is captivating, that it grabs attention and that it is able to make someone feel the deepest emotions possible.

I personally love that there are various ways for someone to be able to express themselves and enjoy the freedom that comes along with it, to be a creator and inspire others. For me, as a writer, I love to just write anything that comes to my mind, anything that fills my heart with joy, and even things that fill me with sorrow. Writing is a big part of my life, my outlet and my passion. I aim to inspire others and show them that it’s possible to make something out of yourself as long as you have the motivation and passion for it.

I am currently a senior at the University of Oregon pursuing a degree in Advertising. I'm originally from Orange County, but as always- Go Ducks!
Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥