This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Essential oils are made or extracted from the bark, flower, fruit, leaf, seed or root of a plant or tree. They are usually very concentrated and have a strong aroma, which is why you only use a couple drops.

When you add the most common essential oils to your cabinet, there is a possibility you can: relax your body and sore muscles, heal skin conditions, improve indigestion, reduce cellulite and wrinkles, cure acne respiratory issues and many other things.

Essential Oils have been used to cure many things for thousands of years. Not only do they smell amazing (sometimes), but they are a more natural way to treat things. Sometimes people will use them to put directly in a part of their body, mix it with a product they use or simply use a few drops in a diffuser. It all depends on what you are trying to treat. Some of the most commonly use oils and their purpose:

1. Lavender Oil: Good for relaxation and healing burns or cuts.  

2. Eucalyptus Oil: Helps with respiratory issues like bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis and allergies.  

3. Tea tree oil: A personal favorite, natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, reduces unpleasant odors, helps with dandruff or lice and is amazing for blemishes.  

4. Grapefruit Oil: Supports metabolism, cellulite reduction, good for redness on the skin and for acne scars.  

5. Ginger Oil: Great for digestion, nausea, inflammation and joint pains. 6. Lemon Oil: This oil is amazing for homemade cleaning products and great for body cleansing.

7. ​Rose Oil: Great for homemade skin tonners, moisturizes the skin, reduces inflammation and leaves a beautiful glow.

These are just a few of the most commonly used essential oils and what they can be used for. Some of these do not work the same for everyone. But it is okay to give them a try.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥