nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Women all around the world work in different fields. Some are nurses, doctors, lawyers, scientists, chefs, secretaries, firefighters, police officers, teachers, etc. They all play different roles in society as valuable working women, and then at the end of the day, they go home to their families and to being moms. Then there are also the women who are moms and choose to stay at home all day and take care of the little ones. Some say that this is not a job but in my opinion this is one of the most important and hard jobs that you can find. Being a stay-at-home mom is a big job. These moms not only take care of their little ones but also of the house. They clean, cook, wash clothes, make beds, take care of children and much more.

Being a stay-at-home mom means no time for yourself. Waking up before everyone and going to sleep after everyone. Taking care of sick kids and going to doctor’s appointments. Lots of crying and fighting. Watching bad kid cartoons non-stop and then watching them again. Running with them to school, to different school related activities, to birthday parties, to soccer games and much more, then doing all this over and over again. Staying at home, taking care of the kids and doing all the chores is a lot of work and there are people in the world who don’t consider this hard or work. I consider this to be just as much work as going out and working in a store or in an office.

The funny thing with being a stay-at-home mom is that some people consider this to be an obligation, not only that but they believe it isn’t a job because you don’t get paid. To me these people are crazy. Being a stay at home mom is as big a job as any and not only that but your not being paid for it with money, you get paid with kids’ smiles, laughs and enjoying the moments you spend with them. There are women who wish they could stay at home with their kids instead of having to work. We need to learn to appreciate women all over the world, not just the ones who work in a building or a hospital but also those women who stay at home to take care of their kids. Women can take on any challenge and overcome it. Appreciating them should not only be a day a year or a week a year; it should be everyday because without these wonderful human beings, most of us would probably be lost.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥