5 Tips On Dealing With Stress During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Those last few weeks of the semester can be the most stressful time of the year for students. Particularly with the holidays around the corner and our GPA at sake. Just by listening to the words “final exam”, “term paper” or the famous “its 20% of your grade” phrase, you can go into a panic attack. This is something many can relate to, so it is important to be understanding during this time. Which is why I wonder why professors don’t cut us some slack.

So, before you start  freaking out and thinking about each likely worst-case scenario — failing that huge biology final or missing the deadline for your paper — take an intense deep breath and begin planning how you’ll get through finals week with little to none stress or panic attacks.

It is during times like this where I turn into my holy 5. Yes! My holy 5 is a list of ten things that help me cope with stress during finals (and I hope they help you too).

1. Have all your due dates and finals date marked in a calendar or on sticky notes. Have them placed somewhere you’ll look at every day (like your mirror or desk)

2. Keep your study space organized. You will have time to finish all your work if you stay organized.

3. Set up alarms with reminders (just not during lectures please, I made that mistake).

4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice, your professors should be able to answer any questions you have.

5. It is okay to take a break if you feel overwhelmed. Go make some tea or coffee and take a relaxing bath. This helps to calm yourself and your mind.

Stressing yourself too much is not heathy. To stay in the right path, you need to take it easy. These tips are based on what I do to concentrate during finals. I hope they work for you too.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥