This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Everyone has had a history with fashion. Fashion allows us to express who we are or who we want to be. There is no “bad” fashion since we can find something beautiful while someone sees it as ugly. Personally, I see fashion like the Bratz dolls see it…a passion. I am the type of person that does not stick to only one style, but I try to dip my toes in all of them. One day you could see me dressed up boho-like while the next day it is most likely that I’ll wear something grunge; it really all depends on the mood. While I am not afraid to try different styles, there are trends that I HATE like crocs or joggers. But then again, there are others who enjoy crocs or joggers and if they feel like they can pull it off, I am all here for their confidence. Everyone has trends that make them feel confident, these are mine:

1. Bootcut Jeans

Don’t get me wrong, growing up bootcuts were geeky. If you wanted to look cool, you had to wear skinny jeans. It wasn’t until recently that bootcut jeans came back in style that I was so happy to no longer wear uncomfortable skinny jeans. They’re so much more flattering and the legroom is awesome.

2. Chokers

I love necklaces, but chokers are so fun! They make anything look much more streetwear but with a touch of “fancy”. Chokers are a trend that is made fun of but personally, chokers spice up my outfit. Chokers literally come in every design so there is one for every style.

3. Rings

I LOVE RINGS! I am obsessed with rings, especially the Pandora and Alex and Ani rings. They make your fingers look delicate and cute. When I wear nail polish and rings, I feel so good about myself, my self-esteem is through the roof.

4. Bodysuits

Bodysuits are my frenemies. They are so flattering on me and they spice up skirts, shorts and jeans. The only problem is going to the bathroom and having to get naked in a stall but some of them have buttons that you can simply snap open.

5. Graphic T-Shirts

If you’re a college student, you know that the best outfits are just a simple pair of pants and a t-shirt. You don’t have to overthink, you just grab and go. They’re so comfortable and they fit literally every style.

Fashion is universal, but styles are personal. Wear what makes you comfortable. Wear what makes you feel beautiful. Wear what makes you…you.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥