This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

Oreos

Even though the factory where the famous cookies Oreos are produced also produces other non-vegan products that contain milk, the cookies contain no ingredients that derive from animals.

Pop-Tarts

Don’t get me wrong, not all pop tarts are vegan. The ones without frosting are what PETA calls “accidentally vegan products”. The flavors that are safe for you to try out are the unfrosted blueberry, strawberry, and brown-sugar cinnamon.

Duncan Hines

The brand responsible for such delicious brownies is also vegan. As long as you don’t add eggs into the batter you should be good to eat it.

HERSHEY’s Chocolate Syrup

Made purely from the artificial flavor, the syrup is 100% vegan-friendly and safe for Vegans to use on their favorite ice cream.

Girl Scouts Thin Mints

Who doesn’t love girl scout’s cookies? The mint ones were always my favorite, so when I found out they were vegan it made everything better.

Lay’s Potato Chips

Most of the flavors offered by the famous snack brand are thankfully milk and gluten-free. Not all flavors are good to go, but here are some that should be just fine: Sea Salt and Vinegar, Hot n’ Spicy BBQ, Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper, and Dill Pickle.

Taco Bell

The restaurant offers many options that are vegan and animal-friendly. They have a variety of options and if you go on their website you can find a “Make it Meatless” tab on their website to make it easy to find all of the options offered, as well as a “fresco style” option that substitutes any dairy products with pico de gallo. Besides that, they also offer a variety of AVA certified products that are safe for you to choose from.

There are many other food brands but the list would be – to everyone’s surprise – quite big. If you have any interest in other brands you can go on this PETA website for more information on the subject. https://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/

I was born in a city called Belo Horizonte, in Brazil. My major is Social Work and I intend to be a clinical social worker. I grew up in a very musical, and biracial family. I love anything related to books, writing, and human behavior. If you want to contact me, don't forget that doggo pictures are appreciated!
Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Indy/ Class of 2022/ Marketing and Political Science / Feminist/ Aquarius