Do 317 – A Great Resource for Local Indy Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

Do you ever want to go out with your friends, but you can’t think of anything to do? Do you want the chance to win free tickets to local events? Do317 is a website that can provide you with fun things to check out around Indy each week! They constantly update their website with free and ticketed events that you can attend locally, as well as do ticket giveaways to concerts and sporting events. 

Do317 recently came out with a subscription service called Do317 MORE: this subscription is only $5 a month, and you get offered a pair of tickets to local events each month. After you make an account for Do317 MORE, you can select the days of the week you’d prefer to attend an event, the types of events you’re interested in (e.g. concerts, comedy, sports, LGBTQ+, museums, etc.), and which Indy neighborhoods you’d prefer to visit. You can also link your Spotify account to list your favorite artists, in case they ever have a concert in Indy. How the ticket process works is that you receive the offer of either one pair of tickets or a pair of tickets to one of three events; if you cannot attend any of them or are not interested, you can decline the offer. If you decline the offer, you will get an additional offer in the following weeks.

I just started the subscription in February, and I got to go to an event in Carmel that I probably would have never gone to since I’d never heard of it! It was an event called National Geographic Live, where we got to listen to an archaeologist present some interesting findings from her work throughout her career, as well as learn more about the evolution of the T-Rex. It was really interesting and a fun experience that I might not have ever considered doing if I had not received the tickets. 

Having resources such as Do317 can help you to check out events you may have never considered before, allowing you to explore more places around campus! 

Human Biology major, Criminal Justice minor Lover of all things music, thrifting, and movies!