This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

It’s that special time of year and Santa is coming to town, that town being Indianapolis. There are lots of festive and fun holiday light displays and Christmas trees for people from 1-92 (Christmas Song). Indianapolis has a variety of different lights and locations to help get you into the Christmas spirit. 

Location

WinterLights at Newfields 

This light show is stationed at the Indianapolis Museum of Art Newfields. At this relatively new exhibit, you get to take a step into an alternate holiday universe where all your worries melt away and everything is jolly! The experience also includes a Newfield’s tradition, Deck the Halls at the Lilly House, where participants get to take a look into the historic Eli Lilly home where each room is decorated to the brim with lovely holiday surprises. This exhibit offers perfect backdrops for photo opportunities at the Snowflake Bridge and Frosted Forest. Throughout both of these awesome self-guided tours, you will be provided with warm apple cider or hot chocolate (spiked options are available for adults) and special glasses that transform every one of the 1.5 million lights into a shimmering snowflake. Tickets for this extravaganza are available until early January of 2020 at $15-$20, adults for adults and $8-$12 for youth and is perfect for the whole family. 

Lights at the Brickyard 

This light shows is located at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS) and was started roughly 4 years ago. This experience is one for the books because you get to drive your own car around the iconic 2.5-mile racetrack while looking at 2.5 million dazzling lights and is available now through January 5 of 2020. This year Lights at the Brickyard has added two new attractions being the Plaza Village and The Pagoda to the experience starting on December 13th and ending the 24th. The Plaza Village Experience is open to all ticket holders at no additional expense. It includes getting to see the classic IMS Plaza adorned with seasonal décor and decorated trees while being able to marvel at the Pagoda lit up for the holidays by the fireside. S’mores kits, seasonal food and beverages, and retail opportunities will be available. The Pagoda experience is available exclusively for Speedy Pass ticket holders and includes the lookout experience as well as a Santa Claus meet and greet. Tickets for this display start at $25 and are great for grandparents to tag along with the family due to there being little to no walking. 

Circle of Lights 

This Indianapolis staple located on Monument Circle will be celebrating its anniversary of 56 years this holiday season and is one of the longest traditions of a light display that 

the town of Indianapolis has. This exhibit of lights is free and open to the public every day all day from now until January 11, 2020, and includes Indy’s most beloved holiday tradition features 4,784 lights and 52 garland strands that are used to create the 242- foot display. This year’s display, presented by the Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW 481 also features 26 giant toy soldiers and sailors and 26 peppermint sticks surrounding the Circle, as well as 56,700 twinkle lights in the trees illuminating the area’s walkways. There are also places to shop around the circle such as Rocket Fizz and Starbucks and Circle Centre mall is within walking distance. 

All the information in this article is thanks to: 

(https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-holidays

University of Indianapolis, Class of 2023. Major: Marketing - Minor: Visual Communication and Design
Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Indy/ Class of 2022/ Marketing and Political Science / Feminist/ Aquarius