This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Indy chapter.

For many people who graduate with a degree in education, they will pursue a career in teaching. However, if you are studying or have graduated with a degree in education and do not want to pursue a career in teaching, then you’re in the right place. There are plenty of career options for education majors that only require a bachelor’s degree.

First, there are training and development specialists. Training and development specialists plan and oversee programs that improve the skillsets and knowledge of employees within a company. With a background in education, you will have the skillset to talk so that people listen. An education degree would also be beneficial in this career because you have the knowledge on how to teach lessons in ways that not only engage your audience, but also so that they understand what is being taught. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay per year in this career is $61,210 and are on average paid $29.43 per hour.  This career has a 9% job outlook, which is much faster than average.

Next are social and community service managers. In this career, you would coordinate and manage various programs and organizations that support the well-being of your public. A degree in education would be beneficial in this role because you have the leadership skillset that would be required in this area. This career requires you to be able to talk to a variety of audiences and have those audiences grasp a larger understanding of what the program is and how they are influencing the community, which is where an education degree would be beneficial. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay per year in this career is $67,150 and are on average paid $32.28 per hour. Careers in this field have a 17% job outlook, which is much faster than average.

Lastly, if you find yourself more into mathematics than writing lesson plans, than a career as a personal financial advisor would be best suited for you. In this career, you would give advice to clients and individuals about managing their finances and planning for their financial future. This is a great career for someone with a background in education because you would be educating a new type of audience about various investment and financial options. An education degree would also be beneficial in this career because you will have knowledge in realistic planning and how to keep clients on track to do well financially. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay per year in this career is $87,850 and are on average paid $42.24 per hour. The job outlook in this career is only at 4%, which as fast as average.

Communication Major Political Science Major Concentration in Human Communication Member of the UIndy Honors College Her Campus at Indy Campus Correspondent
Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Indy/ Class of 2022/ Marketing and Political Science / Feminist/ Aquarius