This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.
Everybody loves a good beauty splurge once in awhile, but it turns out there are just as many products to fall for from your local drugstore that aren’t so hard on your wallet. Makeup counters at large department stores can be quite daunting when you are being bombarded by overwhelming scents, salespeople and samples. Cosmetic advertising also has a way of attracting just about any girl’s attention. Being a makeup fanatic I often find myself falling into the trap of wandering from counter to counter in department stores and eyeing all of the beautiful packaging and products.

However, after some research and first-hand experience, I have learned that there are definitely some drugstore cheats and worthwhile products at your local Target. So forget everything you know about drugstore makeup, because there are many quality products you will try and love. Here are some products that are not only great for you but also great for your wallet on a collegiette’s budget. 

L’Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Liner

This liner definitely makes the process of applying liquid eyeliner much easier. I have tried a variety of liquid liners but I continually find myself going back to this one. The formula does not skimp in its application; it dries quickly, and stays on very well throughout the day. The product is also extremely easy to apply with its flexible felt-like brush. If you are looking to create the iconic cat eye this liner will do the trick! Definitely a must-try and it’s less than $10. 

Maybelline Baby Lips and Nivea Lip Butters

These two products are some of the best lip moisturizers I have ever used and both are under $10. If you are not a fan of using your finger to apply lip balm I would suggest Maybelline’s Baby Lips. This product seems to work better and better with every application. The Baby Lips come in a variety of fun colors each just as addictive as the next. The Nivea Lip Butters are offered in different scents and you can’t go wrong with any of them. Not only is this product super hydrating, but also smells amazing. Both of these are great lip balms to toss in your bag for everyday moisture. 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser

This concealer is absolutely perfect for covering up under eye dark circles. The twist up packaging makes the product very easy to apply. The formula blends extremely well with your skin and goes on smoothly. This is also a great product to keep in your bag for quick touch-ups throughout the day! 

Tresemmé Platinum Strength Deep Conditioner and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Hair Masks

These conditioners are a great way to give your hair that extra boost of treatment it needs every once in awhile. Hair treatments can get pretty expensive, but with these two products you will see noticeable results without emptying your wallet!

Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover and Makeup Remover Wipes

Both of these makeup removers are great products to cleanse your face after a long day. I found that these products can remove even the most stubborn waterproof eye makeup. The makeup removing wipes are great to keep in your bag to freshen up throughout the day, especially during these hot summer months. The eye makeup remover is effective in cleaning yet with its oil-free formula, gentle enough for even the most sensitive of eyes. It’s a great substitute for Lancôme’s Bi-Facile Eye Makeup Remover. 

Looking good doesn’t have to mean breaking the bank! The next time you’re at your local drugstore, make sure to grab a couple of these worthwhile beauty dupes.
A senior at the University of Illinois, Elizabeth spends half of her time in denial of her impending graduation and the other half acting as Editor-in-Chief/ President/Campus Correspondent for the site you're on now, Her Campus Illinois. Her favorite color is pink, which makes this position a match made in heaven. Still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up, her passions lie in writing, digital marketing, social media and fashion. Connect with her on Twitter and Instagram @champaigngirl. And if you prefer good, old fashioned email, reach her at elizabethdeuel@hercampus.com.