Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Viewing Party: Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015, millions of men and women gathered in front of their televisions and prayed the cable connection wouldn’t flake out that night. For some, it is the best night of the year. For others, it is an annoying reminder that we forgot to workout that day— and should really be doing so.The annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show has become an American tradition. We love watching gorgeous models prance around the catwalk in dressed-up undies, blowing kisses to us through the camera. This year’s show was particularly noteworthy, as the ever-popular Kendall Jenner was asked to walk the runway this year. Her millions of fans were ecstatic to see Kendall’s modeling in action, because we can’t get enough of her from her family’s show alone. The Weeknd and Selena Gomez also made an appearance during the show, performing some of their top hits for the crowd and looking incredibly short next to the angels.

At the University of Illinois, one group came together to honor the iconic show in a big way. Campus representatives for Victoria’s Secret Pink organized a social event for girls around campus to get together and meet other women who can’t resist watching the show. That Tuesday, at 8 p.m., the representatives decked out the upper floor of Firehaus with pink balloons and panties to set the mood for the two-hour viewing party. Dozens of panties and Victoria’s Secret Pink gift cards were raffled off to attendees while they enjoyed the the restaurants pub food and drinks. The room was surrounded with flat screens, so no matter how prime the seating was, you wouldn’t have to miss the show.

The event also organized a fun photoshoot for girls to show off their own angel pride, equipped with cute props, and of course, angel wings. The perfectly orchestrated viewing party was the perfect way for every Victoria’s Secret fan to get their fill of the show. We can’t wait to see what is in store for next year!

Cover Photo: http://content.hollywire.com/sites/default/files/2015/11/06/rtx15cgy.jpg

Editor in Chief of Her Campus Illinois Chapter