Valentine’s Day Fashion: Red, Pink and Hearts All Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

With Valentine’s Day coming up, you are going to want to look your best. Whether you are going out on a date with a special someone, or a girl’s night with your best friends, use it as an excuse to dress to the nines. Some of my favorite ways to have fun with Valentine’s Day are through my accessories.

A super fun and easy way to turn any outfit into a Valentine’s Day outfit can be done by throwing on a little pink and some super cute heart earrings. These subtle gold Marc Jacobs heart earrings would not only look great every day, but especially on this day! Simple accessories like this add a slight touch of affection if you do not want to go overboard on the lovey-dovey stuff. One of my favorite V-day accessories is my Marc Jacobs heart watch pendant. I got this as a gift a couple years ago, but I always love to incorporate it into my Valentine’s Day ensemble.

Another must for this holiday is your nails. Nail art is always something that will catch people’s attention, but this is one that will leave people in awe. I have always been a Lauren Conrad fan and about a year and a half ago, I discovered her blog “The Beauty Department: Your Daily Dose of Pretty.” This has since been one of my all time favorite blogs to read because it has great hair and makeup tips along with fun tutorials and of course step-by-step examples of striking nails.

Valentine’s Day is all about showing off your feminine side. I know my personal style tends to lean preppy one day and more edgy the next, but today is the day to bring out the pink! Don’t be shy ladies, this is the one holiday you can fully embrace the shades of red in your closet. I might be bias because this particular Rachel Antonoff dress from Revolve Clothing is in my closet, but I think this is the best Valentine’s dress yet. I splurged on this dress, I just could not resist! Although it may not fit everyone’s person style, I think the shape of this dress would benefit almost everyone’s body type and it sure is a playful way to be the best-dressed valentine. This would be perfect to wear on a date paired with black booties.

Since not everyone will be spending their Thursday night on a date, if you still want to have fun with Valentine’s Day, pink jeans are the perfect way to do so. They can be combined with so many different things and still look fabulous. Here these Free People ombré jeans are the perfect blend of cute and casual paired with a simple white top, black booties, and a darling necklace. Another way to embrace the pink would be these pastel pink jeans paired with a fun heart sweater with your collar exposed, a cheetah print jacket, and trendy tan booties.

However you are feeling this Valentine’s Day, try to make the best of it, starting with your outfit! Happy Valentine’s Day! 

www.revolveclothing.com (red dress)

www.thebeautydepartment.com (nails)

www.marcjacobs.com (necklace and earrings)

www.freepeople.com (pink jeans)