University of Illinois Students Have The Hook-up…Literally

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Bored of the same, old places to hook-up? Is the dance floor of a bar or a frat star’s room just not exciting anymore? I have discussed this topic with the ever-experienced juniors and seniors at the University of Illinois in order to find out their most memorable hook-up spots. Let the wise and qualified upper-classmen inspire you to make your own decisions.

An elementary education senior says that the rooftop of the Chemistry Annex is both a romantic and secluded spot to hook-up. “It’s very secluded and just an all-around cool place because not many people can say they’ve even been up there. I’d say it’s a romantic spot. Good view of the stars too.” Who says that science and mathematics can’t be hot? Next time you and your partner feel the “chemistry” between yourselves, think of the historical Chemistry Annex building.

William Rittmeyer, a pre-medical junior, says McKinley Health Center is a place he has always wanted to hook-up with that special someone. “I feel comfortable and at home. You can’t get into trouble because the doctors have to knock on the door before they come in. All you have to say is ‘No.’ and you’re fine.” Needless to say, Rittmeyer feels comfortable around his medical atmosphere. Are you feeling love sick? Let this hook-up spot allow you to feel better in McKinley Health Center.

“If a girl takes you back to her place, that means she really wants you,” says a male senior Spanish major. Sorority houses are a scandalous place to hook-up nowadays according to this same source. In some of the sorority rulebooks, such as Chi Omega’s, men cannot go into the members’ rooms. Break the rules for your man or woman on campus and he/she will for sure get your message.

Last but not least, a male College of ACES senior claims the backroom of the campus bar, The Clybourne, is his favorite of his list of hook-up places. “I thought it would be funny.” This senior doesn’t take every girl there, but when he does, he makes sure she receives the special of the day.

There are many places to hook-up on campus that are out of the status quo: the Quad, the Eternal Flame or the main stacks in the University Library. But, if you want a night to remember, think of these four knowledgeable upperclassmen and let them teach you a lesson or two on the art of picking “the” spot to hook-up.

Hannah Butler is a sophomore at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign majoring in broadcast journalism and minoring in French. She is a contributor for Uloop.com, loyal Chi Omega, Disney fanatic and Coca-Cola lover. Aside from going to school, Hannah spends her time working out, watching movies, eating and hanging out with friends. Though she is a college student, she also enjoys listening to the Jonas Brothers, One Direction and Aerosmith.