This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Bored of cat ears and white sheets? Here are a few fun and trendy Halloween costume ideas to make you the talk of every Halloweekend event!

1) cher

The Clueless outfit is a timeless classic and includes SO many cute and reusable staple pieces! As a bonus, you can have a bestie match you as Dionne!

2) squid game

The Netflix hit makes for an amazing and incredibly comfy costume– no more freezing on Halloween for you!

3) Bratz dolls

This is a super fun group costume– do your glamorous makeup, pick out the cutest Y2K skirt or dress in your closet, and live your best life with your besties!

4) joe goldberg or love quinn

Pull together a few basic outfit essentials like Joe’s baseball cap or Love’s iconic cardigan for a last-minute but incredibly creative costume. Bonus points if you find a friend to be your murderous other half!

5) cruella de vil

The iconic Cruella live-action movie from earlier this year will make this costume an instant hit!

6) olivia rodrigo

The queen has so many iconic outfits you can easily and quickly recreate! Imagine the power a “good 4 u” costume would hold.

Mehek Kapur

Illinois '23

I'm a sophomore at the University of Illinois double majoring in English and Organizational Psychology and Vice President/Recruitment Advisor at Delta Kappa Delta.