This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Although, I have a broad taste in music, I will not deny that I am one of the pickiest people. I enjoy listening to new music and in this article, I will discuss 10 of my favorite albums of 2022, with no specific order.

People In Motion by Dayglow

People in motion is a very upbeat album that leans towards the alternative-indie-pop style. I saw Dayglow Perform at House of Blues last year and they are very eccentric, and they love to be active with the fans. A couple of my favorite songs are: Then it All Goes Away, Second Nature and How Do You Know?

Girl of My Dreams by Fletcher

Girl of My Dreams is very much pop but with R&B and soul tones, since it is very relaxing and soulful with all the blends that she includes. A few of my favorite songs are: Her Body is Bible, Becky’s So Hot, and Guess We Lied.

Give or Take by Giveon

Give or Take is the embodiment of R&B and soul since Giveon mixes his music and blends it well with his voice. I have seen Giveon perform at Lollapalooza and I saw how friendly he really is and how well he carries his voice on stage. Some of my favorite songs in this album are: Lie Again, For Tonight and Another Heartbreak, since they are more on the sadder side, which we sometimes tend to relate more with.   

Un Verano Sin Ti by Bad Bunny

cards and stationary with magnifying glass
Photo by Melissa Constandse

Un Verano Sin Ti by Bad Bunny has really sky rocketed since it’s very upbeat and is known as reggaeton which includes a lot of hip hop and rapping. A couple of songs that I keep overplaying are Moscow Mule, Neverita and Tarot.

Twelve Carat Toothache by Post Malone

As much as I love Post Malone, his new album was not my favorite. But for a hip-hop/rap artist, his album was good within the more R&B/soul genres, since he seemed to put a lot about his personal struggles into it. You can never go wrong with these songs: Reputation, Waiting for Never and Hateful — but be warned, these are the more hard-hitting-your-feelings type of songs.   

Gemini Rights by Steve Lacy

As you can already tell, I am big with R&B and indie, and thanks to TikTok, Steve Lacy’s reach has increased and he is much more known now. Although, I am not the biggest Gemini stan, I must give him some credit for this album. A few of my favorite songs are Static, Bad Habit and Give You The World.

Harry’s House by Harry Styles

harrys house?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Harry Styles Harrys House Columbia Records

Harry Styles’s music is very much an upbeat pop/bedroom pop with a little heartbreak twist that lets you know things have changed. These songs are constantly in my playlist: As It Was, Satellite and Late Night Talking.

MotoMami by Rosalia

This music is very much reggaeton and pop oriented. It makes you want to go out and dance all night, but it also has different types of latino music (such as bachata) mixed into it. It also helped increase the Spanish music community and some of my favorite songs are: SAOKO, La Fama and Diablo.

I am a recreation, sports and tourism major and will be concentrating in sports management as well as I will be working on research towards latino communities.