This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Spring break in college is for wild times with your friends in a place other than the state you live in, whether it be a tropical area or a trendy location. It can be difficult to decide where to go; here are five places many college students like to visit during this week: 

South Padre Island, Texas

South Padre Island is on the southern tip of Texas. The hotels, beaches, and bars create a relaxing but fun environment for college students as well as families. The island’s “beach bashes” are what many students travel down for.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Located on the easternmost end of the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana has numerous beaches and tourist attractions you can experience. In addition to activities in the water, the area has many outdoor activities anybody can enjoy, such as buggy riding and horseback riding. 

Daytona Beach, Florida

This city is on Florida’s Atlantic coast. The attractions on the boardwalk and beaches make the place a student-friendly and fun place to go. Daytona Lagoon, a waterpark, is also full of recreational activities: an arcade, mini-golf, a rock-climbing wall, and laser tag.

Los Angeles, California

L.A. is a city in southern California where many people travel to for the food, beaches, and huge media. You can visit the Hollywood sign, famous studios such as Warner Bros., and also tour the beautiful campus of the University of Southern California while you’re there.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Cabo is situated in Mexico’s Baja California peninsula on the southernmost tip. The resort city is known for not only its beautiful scenery but also the nightlife. If you’re looking to get out of the country, Mexico is the place to go.

Have an amazing spring break!

Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5

Julie Kang

Illinois '20

Julie Kang is a Journalism major at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In her free time, Julie enjoys ice skating, shopping, talking and eating with friends and reading. Follow her on Instagram at @julieebaaby
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.