Tissue Paper Pom-Poms: The Cutest 5 Minute DIY Dorm Decor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Whether you’re the next Martha Stewart or not really the crafting type, you need to add these pom-poms to your weekend to-do list. These simple and adorable tissue paper puffs make a great addition to any dorm or apartment. The best part? Each pom-pom takes under five minutes to make!

What you’ll need:

• Approximately 10 sheets of colorful tissue paper per pom-pom

• Scissors

• String (ribbon or floss work too!)

How to make:

1. Layer about 10 sheets of tissue paper on a flat surface.

2. Fold widthwise in accordion style. Each fold should be about one inch wide.

3. Cut both ends of the folded tissue paper into a point.

4. Tie the center of the tissue paper. Wire works best, but floss makes a great substitute!

5. Tie string to the center. This will be used to suspend the pom-pom.

6. Gently pull apart the tissue layers one by one and fluff them into a sphere.

7. Suspend from the ceiling using command hooks. Staples or push pins also work.

8. Repeat in a variety of colors and sizes!

9. Sit back and bask in crafting glory.

There you have it! You can create as many pom-poms as you want in a variety of sizes and colors. This is an easy DIY project that doesn’t take too much time but adds serious style to even the smallest of spaces!

Where would you hang these pom-poms in your dorm or apartment? Let us know in the comments below.

A senior at the University of Illinois, Elizabeth spends half of her time in denial of her impending graduation and the other half acting as Editor-in-Chief/ President/Campus Correspondent for the site you're on now, Her Campus Illinois. Her favorite color is pink, which makes this position a match made in heaven. Still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up, her passions lie in writing, digital marketing, social media and fashion. Connect with her on Twitter and Instagram @champaigngirl. And if you prefer good, old fashioned email, reach her at elizabethdeuel@hercampus.com.