Tips And Tricks For Spring Around The Corner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As winter slowly makes its way out and spring slowly (but surely!) rolls around the corner, this tips and tricks edition is all about out with the old and in with the new!

Make Up Palette

For this DIY you will need an old CD case, scrapbook paper of your choice, super glue and your favorite eye shadows. To create: remove the contents of the CD case and replace with scrapbook paper of your choice. Glue the eye shadows into the right hand side of your CD case. Then, glue a small mirror to the left hand side. You now have your very own, personal make up palette!

Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie

If you are like me, you are usually on the go and never seem to have enough time, especially in the morning. I always want that extra five minutes of sleep, but end up sacrificing eating breakfast, which is not a very healthy decision! This recipe for a strawberry oatmeal smoothie is absolutely delicious, healthy and takes about two minutes to make. You will need 1 cup soy milk (or skim milk), ¼ cup rolled oats, ½ banana, broken into chunks (better if frozen!), 8-10 frozen strawberries and 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon sugar. In a blender, combine all items and enjoy!

Student Discounts

Spring-cleaning is currently in full swing and what better way to celebrate than out with the old and in with the new? Clothes that is! Right now is the perfect opportunity to stock up on summer clothes, internship clothes, etc. Many stores offer awesome discounts for college kids, including J.Crew, Madewell, Charlotte Russe and Topshop — just to name a few. Even Apple offers a student discount! Don’t forget to bring your student ID. Happy shopping!

Until next time,

Loren