Tips And Tricks Blog: Tricks For The College Chick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

It seems as though we are always in a rush and never have time to breathe, especially in college. But, you have stumbled upon the right place! “Tips and Tricks for the College Chick” is here to give you random, fun ideas to de-stress, help you save money and most of all, spark a creative interest that we all have somewhere inside of us. Typically, there will be three short little tips or tricks that I’ll post that I think relate to all of us. Whether it’s how to store your make up brushes so you don’t get them all gross in your make-up bag or the best way to make gifts for friends, you can bet you’ll find it here! So let’s have some fun, and let’s get going.

How to Store Make-Up Brushes
Head to your local crafts store and pick up any type of jar you’d like and some type of filler for the jar. I’ve found that simple beads, or even jellybeans, work best! Simply pour your filler into the jar and stick your brushes into the filler. Your brushes will stand up straight and not be all over one another! Voila!

How to Get the Most Use of Your Make-Up
Did you know some cosmetics have many different uses? Eye shadow can double as blush (if it’s the right color, of course), can be used as eye shadow, mascara can fill in eyebrows, and Vaseline takes off eye make-up incredibly well!

How to Make Your Own Nail Polish
We are always looking for the perfect color to paint our nails, and now that fall is coming, there is no better time to make your very own nail polish! For this you will need an eye shadow of your choice, clear nail polish, a small container to pour your polish in and a plastic bag. To begin, put the eye shadow into the plastic bag and crush it into small pieces (the tinier the better). Once you have done this, pour the eye shadow into a small container and add clear nail polish. Mix. This will dry fast, so use it quickly!

(Photo from www.chicfactorgazette.com)

Until next time!
Loren