Sunday’s Block is Murphy’s Brunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Is day drinking not early enough for you? Missed block on Saturday and feel obligated to make up for it? Trying to avoid a Sunday at the UGL? Yes? Good news! Murphy’s Pub has the perfect solution for you: Sunday Brunch, every Sunday starting at 9:00 a.m.

On Sunday, November 13th, Murphy’s Pub opened its brunch menu for the first time. The menu includes two special combos; a pancake, egg and bacon breakfast, and a bacon and egg cheeseburger with fries. There are also drink specials, which include mimosas, Jameson breakfast shots and Irish coffee with Jameson and Irish cream.

Audrey O’Connor, a student and Murphy’s frequenter, said she is excited about the new Sunday brunch because “it’s in a good location and not a lot of places serve brunch.”

“My favorite part about Murphy’s is the clientele. There’s always super chill, nice and open-minded people there,” O’Connor said. “You can sit down with anyone and have a good conversation.”  

The location and people at Murphy’s are not the only plus, though. The prices are reasonable, especially in its brunch options. Murphy’s brunch special options are each less than $6. The drinks are reasonable too, with mimosas at $4 and Jameson shots or coffee for $3.

Not enough options yet? There’s also a build-your-own bloody mary bar. According to the menu, Murphy’s provides the ”booze and the fixins, you dress it up your way.” If you’re an indecisive drinker, you can also order a ‘New Amsterdam Bloody Mary,’ double bloodies or a Ketel One bloody mary. These are priced at $2, $4 and $6, respectively.

The full menu also opens at 9:00 a.m., with their regular specials, burgers and sandwiches. Brunch closes at 1:00 p.m., which is the perfect amount of time to avoid your responsibilities and still get them done on time all within the same day.

So, join the rest of us procrastinators, Sunday block supporters and brunch lovers at Murphy’s Pub for brunch.   

Editor in Chief of Her Campus Illinois Chapter