The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Tops

A fitted turtleneck and a cropped long-sleeve are wardrobe essentials! These tops are completely versatile. For the turtleneck, they are cute under a puffy vest (cropped or not). When the weather gets a little colder, turtlenecks are adorable under crewnecks and sweaters. For the cropped long sleeves, these pair well with oversized joggers and leggings. I recommend purchasing some neutral colors in both of these articles of clothing, so they will be able to match and be used in more outfits!

Shoes

Let’s face it; it’s time to wear comfortable shoes on campus. We do so much walking that our feet need a reprieve. For the fall season, chunky sneakers are in. These can be paired with just about anything. Also, the UGG Tazz slippers are in right now. These slippers are a mix of comfort and cute. Plus, it is totally socially acceptable to wear these Uggs out of your dorm, apartment, or house.

Tazz Slipper | UGG®

Outerwear

Girls, it’s vest time; the very best time (in my opinion). There are so many stylish and affordable vest options at Target, Marshall’s or H&M. I recommend getting more neutral colors, so the vest can be matched with much more of your wardrobe. In the later months of the fall season, you might want to consider investing in a puffy coat if you haven’t already. A cropped puffy coat would look absolutely adorable with leggings and UGG slippers.

Women’s Matte Cropped Puffer Vest – Wild Fable™ : Target

sweatshirts

If you wonder if you need another sweatshirt, the answer is always yes! Sweatshirts are always going to be in style. In this fall season, oversized zip-ups are super popular. Moreover, plain oversized crewnecks need to be in your wardrobes. Here are some brands/stores that carry good-quality sweatshirts:

• Etsy (customizable)
  • H&M
  • Pretty Little Thing
  • Pacsun

John Galt Stone Full Zip Hoodie | PacSun

sweaters

It’s officially sweater weather. Go out and get (or go online) to purchase quarter zip-up sweaters. These are perfect for the cute and comfy outfit. Also, consider purchasing a shrug. Shrugs are really short, long-sleeved sweaters; these types of sweaters look cute with active jumpers.

LILLUSORY Y2K Bolero Fall Long Sleeve Cardigan Cropped Open Front Shrug 2023 Sweater Women at Amazon Women’s Clothing store

pants

Go treat yourself to some nice leggings. You need leggings in a few shades this season. It is a must to have chocolate brown leggings and some color of flare leggings. As described above, you need to splurge on an active jumper. If you have a hole in one of your leggings, then this is a reminder to go out and get yourself a brand-new pair.

OFFLINE By Aerie Real Me High Waisted Legging

accessories

Where would we be without our accessories? For jewelry, get some basic gold or silver hoops and some matching rings. For a bag, invest in a durable fanny pack (or a couple) and a little shoulder bag. Other accessories I recommend are the following: a baseball hat, knitted socks and a thick white headband.

David & Young Women’s Pumpkin Everything Stone Washed Baseball Cap : Target

Autumn Bunzell

Illinois '27

Hi there! My name is Autumn Rose, and I'm from Utica, Illinois. I live minutes away from Starved Rock State Park. I attended LaSalle-Peru Township High School which consists of only about 1,200 students. Within my family, I'm the youngest in a close-knit household, and I have an older sister who I absolutely adore. As well, I have a golden retriever and a grey tabby cat. Currently, I'm a first-year neuroscience student at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Both the physical and psychological aspects of the human brain fascinate me. In addition, I'm interested in nutrition and how this field can be applied to neuroscience. There is a field labeled nutritional neuroscience that studies how the consumption of food, minerals, and supplements impacts an individual's cognition, mood, and overall brain health. Outside of the classroom, my hobbies vary tremendously. Music wise, I listen to Bryce Vine and Bazzi, but I also love Etta Mae, Arethra Franklin, and Frank Sinatra. As I do my morning routine, I listen to health and wellness podcasts on Spotify. In between classes, I do yoga and Pilates. At night, I love to do some skincare, and then crawl into bed with one of my books. Typically, I partake in crocheting and baking in the colder months. As a side note, my favorite season is fall because of the cool weather and all of the pumpkin/apple candles, foods, coffees, etc.