This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Fall has always been one of my favorite seasons since it allows you to stay in, feel cozy, and it gets you excited for what is yet to come. Music is also a great way to get you into different moods: by providing a haven, the feeling of warmth, and joy. It all depends on the mood you are trying to get into. During the fall season we either want to feel loved, at peace, and possibly even create a fantasy world to push us through the climate change. I will be recommending a few songs that I have really enjoyed throughout the fall season.

Autumn Classical Mix   

Wanting to walk around campus feeling at peace or to even do your homework while you relax has always been soothing. With these songs you will be able to feel at peace and relaxed: In Between Breaths by SYMNL, Autumn Leaf by Esperanza, and November by Two Lanes.

Autumn pop

We all want a fun little upbeat song that helps you stay motivated and energetic. A couple of songs I really enjoyed are @ellio.irl by Elio, Remember When by Wallows, and Fuzzybrain by Dayglow.

Autumn Rock

Rock can either get you very pumped or very attached with your emotions: funny enough the rock music I enjoy are both. A few songs I would recommend are Brazil by Declan McKenna, Cigarette Daydreams by Cage the Elephant, and Mind Over Matter by Young the Giant.

WLW Autumn

Most of us know that fall is a big season for women loving women as they really enjoy the comfort of the season and have multiple artist who can create songs that help them relate. A few songs that I really enjoyed that are recognized by the WLW community are Pumpkin by The Regrettes, We Fell in Love in October by Girl in Red, and Outsider by Shahrae.

Sad Girl Autumn

I am not going to lie seasonal depression can be difficult and some songs that really help me push through my emotions are: All Love by Fletcher since she is able to really hit your emotions and push a hard-hitting beat, Save Myself by Ashe, and What Once Was by Her’s.

Anna Schultz-Girl Sitting On Bed Facing Wall
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Latino Autumn

I am Salvadoran and I really enjoy spanish music since it allows me to feel connected with my roots. Being bilingual really allows me to broaden the amount of music I can enjoy and some of my favorite spanish autumn songs are: El Tiempo Pasará by Lori Meyers, Tristes Ojos by Ramona, La Bachata by Manuel Turizo.

Friend Recommendations

We should always stay in touch with our friends, and I tend to always ask my friends to give me song recommendations. I asked them what songs make them think of fall and many replied with Taylor Swift: Champagne Problems, Mirrorball, and All too well. I also had a friend recommend the album Either/Or by Elliott Smith, Steeeam by Shelly, and unfortunately, we can no longer support Rex Orange County who has once been able to help us relate during the fall season.

Although this made me realize I should expand my taste music, I am glad I can share some of these songs during this fall season.

I am a recreation, sports and tourism major and will be concentrating in sports management as well as I will be working on research towards latino communities.