Style > Fashion

Show Off Your Sparkle: A Holiday Party Clothing Guide

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the holiday season approaches, numerous events and celebrations are beginning to take up most of the space on your already busy calendar. The stress of bringing a tasty food dish, wearing the perfect outfit and impressing all of your friends and family can quickly become overwhelming. However, this year it is possible to destress your busy holiday. With the help of the Holiday Party Clothing Guide, you will get to enjoy all of your favorite Christmas and New Year festivities with a fun, fashionable outfit!

Women’s LC Lauren Conrad Sequin Wrap Mini Dress ($47.36 with code)

A fun spin on the classic little black dress, Kohl’s has released the perfect party dress that will have you sparkling throughout the night! The black sequined mini dress features a black ribbon tie waist that will hug your curves and allow you to flaunt your beautiful figure. This dress is beyond stunning and will ensure that you stand out from the crowd! Perfect for a day-to-night function. Pair with your favorite pair of black heels or booties and you are ready for a festive holiday get-together!

Allegra K Suit Set for Women’s 2 Piece Outfits Plaid Tweed Short Blazer Jacket and Skirt Sets ($81.99)

Have you been invited to your workplace’s annual Christmas party? If so, this skirt and jacket set will have you looking not only put together but professional as well. The gold embellishments on the jacket scream expensive, yet this set is only $81.99 and it can be found at your local Target! To complete your chic look, layer this plaid set with a white or black turtleneck, a pair of simple black tights, minimalist gold jewelry and a pair of black boots. 

Snug As Can Be Dark Green Ribbed Mock Neck Sweater Dress ($46)

For a day spent with the family, a casual sweater dress is perfect for the occasion! This mock neck sweater dress is a beautiful dark green, which will match the vibe of any Christmas festivities. Despite being more of a tight-fitting dress, you won’t feel constricted while indulging in some of your favorite foods and sweet treats! The length of this dress is appropriate for any event, which allows for multiple wears. To elevate your look to the next level, throw your hair up in a messy bun and put on your favorite pair of thigh-high boots.

Shelby Sequin Top ($59.95) and Skirt ($59.95)

This winter, sequins are a girl’s favorite color! They add the perfect amount of shimmer and shine to any outfit. This sequined top and skirt set from Altar’d State will make you the star of the show! The champagne and iridescent silver color of this matching set is gorgeous and perfect for a fun party or more of an elegant event. Sold separately on the Altar’d State website, the Shelby Sequin Skirt and the Shelby Sequin Top are both sold for $59.95. To finalize your sparkly outfit, pair this set with your favorite neutral heels or dangly diamond earrings.

Calli Kraft

Illinois '27

Hello all! I'm Calli Kraft, a student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. My major is Advertising and I am also working towards a minor in Public Relations. As a freshman, Her Campus is the first club I have joined! I am so grateful to be a part of their team.