Pop Culture Blog: Celebrity Weddings And Proposals You May Have Missed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Celebrities are sporting some interesting new accessories this winter. Some celebs have new hubbies, some have new wives and some have new diamonds. If you missed the hustle and bustle of the Hollywood vows and proposals, here’s what you need to know.

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds

If you didn’t see this one coming, don’t feel bad; no one else did either. The couple, who dated for just about a year, married secretly in September on a plantation in South Carolina. In addition to that being incredibly romantic, her ring is also roughly the size of my head. Okay, maybe not that big, but still, BIG.

Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake

Sigh. On some level, we all knew this was going to happen. It’s still very depressing, though, knowing that the former N’Sync boy we all had crushes on (who grew into one fine piece of a man) is officially unattainable. While I approve of Jessica Biel and their romantic ceremony in Italy, I’m not sure how I feel about the poufy, pink princess gown.

Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux

The world has been waiting for this one. Ever since her split from Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston has been openly looking for a husband. Just when we all thought that she was doomed to live in Angelina Jolie’s shadow forever, she has finally gotten engaged! This is probably the celebrity I am happiest for, and I can’t wait for the wedding!

Jenny “JWOW” Farley and Roger Matthews

You might have missed this one with all the buzz about Snooki getting pregnant and engaged, but the on-again-off-again couple Jenny and Roger have finally decided to tie the knot. Whether or not she will walk down the aisle before Snooki is still up in the air, but it comes as no surprise that the two best friends are engaged at the same time.

This isn’t even close to all the nuptials and proposals that have gone on in 2012 but to keep you up-to-date here’s a speedy summary:

Avril Lavinge is engaged to the lead singer of Nickleback, Chad Kroeger.

Kiera Knightly is engaged to her rocker boyfriend.  Anne Hathaway tied the knot this year along with Reese Witherspoon and Matthew McConaughey, who married long-time girlfriend Camila Alves. Wiz Kahlifa is engaged to his baby-mama girlfriend, model Amber Rose. Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari are engaged and just welcomed a baby boy, Camden. Funny man Seth Rogen married his girlfriend in California this year. 20-year-old Miley Cyrus took the beautiful Liam Hemsworth away from us after announcing their engagement. Last but not least, Snooki is engaged to her boyfriend Jionni, and they have recently welcomed baby boy Lorenzo.

Whew! It’s a long list, but at least now you have an idea of which celebrities you can still dream about marrying yourself. Lucky for me, Jesse McCartney is still single.