Pop Culture: Best and Worst Celebrity Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Sometimes the ladies and gents in Hollywood will get together and date, but for the life of us, we cannot understand why. Other times, we’re rooting for a certain pair to figure it out and fall in love already. Here’s a quick round up of the best and worst celebrity couples right now. Maybe your favorite or least favorite made the list!

Best: Will and Kate

Are you surprised the royal couple tops the list? Hope not. There’s no better pair than this prince and princess. Their charm and class exceed all expectations and no other celebrity couple will have a more viewed wedding ceremony– not even Kim and Kanye. With the addition of Prince George, Will and Kate became the most perfect celebrity couple ever. There’s just something about a fairytale that Hollywood will never beat!

Worst: Taylor Swift and Douglas Booth

Taylor and everyone she’s dated could probably make this list, but her and Douglas is a definite no-go. Douglas starred in “LOL” with Miley Cyrus and audiences everywhere couldn’t help but swoon over the adorable, British actor. Taylor should go back to Harry Styles and leave Douglas for someone who won’t write a song about their two-week relationship.

Best: Beyoncé and Jay-Z

Talk about a power couple. Beyoncé and Jay-Z have such a strong relationship, and unlike most celebrity couples, you can really tell they love each other. Blue Ivy is one of the cutest babies, and both Beyoncé and Jay-Z seem like incredible parents. If there’s a celeb couple out there that can make it, it’s Beyoncé and Jay-Z.

Worst: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth

They seemed like an odd couple from the very beginning, and it was cute while it lasted, but deep down inside most people knew that Miley and Liam were not meant to be. Once Miley transitioned into the sexy “Wrecking Ball” singer with constant crop tops girl that she is now, there was just no way her engagement to Liam was going to hold out. Liam should be with someone more laid back, anyway. He seems like a real sophisticated gentleman, and there’s surely a lovely lady out there for him somewhere.

Best: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds

If their romantic getaway wedding on the plantation where “The Notebook” was filmed wasn’t enough to convince you that they’re the real deal, we don’t know what it will take. These two had a whirlwind of a romance and quickly tied the knot without letting anyone know. They seem to keep their relationship on the down low all the time, and that’s how a couple survives in Hollywood. We have tons of faith in Blake and Ryan lasting forever, or at least for a really, really long time!

Worst: Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles

Please, oh please, don’t let this romance happen. Kendall has been rumored to be dating the front man in One Direction, but we’re really hoping she chooses the other cute singer that has his eye on her – Austin Mahone. Austin is way more Kendall’s type. She seems mature for her age and needs someone who can handle the craziness of her life; Austin is a really chill celeb who would be her perfect match. Harry seems like a heartbreaker and a goofball who wouldn’t last two minutes in the Kardashian-Jenner klan. They already have Kanye West, so there isn’t any room left for another diva!

Who’s your favorite celebrity couple, and who do you wish would call it quits already?

Photos:

Will and Kate: vanityfair.com

Taylor Swift and Douglas Booth: people.com

Beyonce and Jay-Z: huffingtonpost.com

Miley and Liam: abcnews.go.com

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: nymag.com

Kendall Jenner and Harry Styles: eonline.com