Style

Outerwear That Will Keep You Surprisingly Warm And Cozy This Fall

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Don’t be afraid to treat yourself during this chilly time of year! Bundle up with the best coats, shoes and accessories to upgrade any outfit. But hurry! These items won’t be available for long! Here are four outerwear pieces that you need to get your hands on ASAP!

Carhartt: Knit Cuffed BeaniE ($19.99)

Offered in numerous colors and materials, Carhartt beanies are bound to elevate any fall outfit! Not only do they keep you warm, comfortable and protected from windy conditions, these beanies will ensure you are the most fashionable student on campus. Perfect for daily walks to class, freezing cold Illini games, trips to the pumpkin patch or just a casual Sunday spent with family. At only $19.99, buy your favorite neutral colors to match your favorite fall weather jacket or even an orange and blue beanie to match your most worn Illini gear! These hats are even guaranteed to keep you warm until the freezing Illinois winter.

Sperry: Women’s SeaCycled Saltwater Nylon Duck Boot ($79.99 on sale!)

Perfect for cold and rainy days, Sperry’s Duck Boots are waterproof and resistant to all weather conditions. The boot features rain-resistant material that ensures your feet stay dry and comfortable throughout the entire day. The rubber soles even allow for easy cleanup! Just wipe away any imperfection or stain with a wet rag and the boots look brand new. Without a doubt, these shoes are guaranteed to last you a lifetime! Typically $110, these boots are almost always on sale in every size and color! Sperry Duck Boots are a necessity for those chilly days on campus.

North Face: Women’s Aconcagua 3 Jacket ($200)

This North Face Jacket is an outerwear piece that everyone needs in their closet! Puffer jackets are officially in for the season and it is finally time to hop on the trend! This black puffer jacket is bound to match any outfit throughout the fall and winter seasons. This lightweight jacket does tend to fit snugly, as it improves insulation and stores large amounts of heat, no matter what temperature it may be outside! Although this item may be a splurge, it is beyond worth it! North Face jackets will last for years, proving themselves to be durable and reliable!

Patagonia: Women’s Lightweight Synchilla Snap-T Fleece Pullover ($139)

As the weather continues to prove itself tolerable, a fleece pullover will provide you with the perfect level of warmth! If you are planning on taking a brisk walk to class, layer the Patagonia pullover with your favorite long-sleeve or crewneck and you are ready to face the cold air. Ultimately perfect for any occasion, the fleece material allows for a very relaxed fit that would pair perfectly with your favorite leggings or sweatpants. This pullover is even made from recycled materials, which is reflected in the price of $139. But can’t we all agree? It is beyond worth it to shop sustainably!

Celina Timmerman-Sweater Weather
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus
Calli Kraft

Illinois '27

Hello all! I'm Calli Kraft, a student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. My major is Advertising and I am also working towards a minor in Public Relations. As a freshman, Her Campus is the first club I have joined! I am so grateful to be a part of their team.