Wellness

Need Something Sweet? Here’s the Top Places on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Imagine you just aced your midterm you had been studying for the last 4 days on and now you need something sweet to celebrate such a major accomplishment. Or, maybe you had a really salty meal on Green Street and need to wash it down with something that activates your sweet tooth. So, here are a few of my favorite places on campus to grab a sweet treat!

1. ISR TerraByte

Surprisingly, this residence hall is one of my favorite places to grab a quick, sweet treat. Located on the lower level of the building, this quaint convenience store carries a variety of snacks. Some of my favorites being Yan Yan biscuit sticks, Haribo gummies, or even a single doughnut.

2. La Tea

This place hits the spot every. single.time. Located right off of sixth street and Green st. This 4 star rated tea lounge has some of the most delicious boba I’ve ever tried (and trust me, I’ve tried a lot). In case you’re overwhelmed by the options, here is my go to order: Jasmine green milk tea with honey boba, extra sugar and less ice!

3. Coco Mero

Everyone on campus who has even the slightest of sweet tooth should know about this place. The froyo is always fresh and the toppings are endless. But be careful because before you know it, your order is $9!! Besides being a froyo shop, they also sell other sweets such as cookies and smoothies. Not to mention, the aesthetic of the place is perfect for catching up with an old friend or a wind down session between classes. 

4. Paris Super Crepes

Crepes
Jenny Georgieva / Spoon

Once again, a 4.4 star rating casual little nook on the wall that sells Parisian inspired sweets. Like the name suggests, they offer a variety of Crepe options ranging from Cheesecake delight to Strawberry truffle. And while crepes are their speciality, it isn’t their limit. They also offer savory snacks, cakes, tea, and even macaroons. 

5. Caffè Bene

Offering variety to students not only with there being two locations on campus, but also with the immense amount of items that they carry. I’m talking about boba, smoothies, madeleines, gelato, cake, coffee, and even pre-packaged candies. Whatever sweet you’re craving, you can be sure that Caffe Bene has you covered. Bonus points for the brown, study academia aesthetic that this place gives off. If you’re okay with a little bit of commotion going on in the background and the wash of conversation between customers, then this is a great place to study as well. A study spot and sweets, count me in!

No matter which option you end up choosing, you simply can not go wrong. Whether you’re in the mood for a dessert or a healthy alternative to ice cream, UIUC has you covered with endless places on where to find the perfect sweet treat for you! That’s all for this week, but until next time… stay uniquely you!

Mierra Freeman

Illinois '26

Hiya! My name is Mierra Freeman, and I am currently a sophomore studying sociology, while on the Pre-Law track. Although I want to pursue Criminal law as my career path, I have always had a passion and special place in my heart for all things beauty, self care, skincare, positivity, and fashion! I hope that together we are able to embark on this wonderful journey in the world of beauty and positivity. Never forget to stay uniquely you!!💗