My Favorite Styles of the 2022 Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

This year’s Oscars proved to be the talk of many households this past week for many reasons. Drama aside, some of the looks to walk the red carpet were absolutely breathtaking, and I will definitely be taking notes for my own spring wardrobe.

Zendaya

I don’t think that any of us were expecting to be left disappointed with Zendaya’s look at this year’s Oscars, but her style went above and beyond the expectations of elegance, yet still gave off a sort of relatable simplicity. Her crop top and sequined skirt combo, designed by Valentino, perfectly incorporate glamour and effortless beauty. Her outfit is further embellished with gorgeous serpent-style jewelry, of which I already find myself looking for an affordable dupe accent. To put the cherry on top, she did her own makeup flawlessly. All together, her look was not too bold or flashy, but still attracted everyone’s eyes.

Jessica Chastain

After winning Best Actress for her work in The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Jessica Chastain further won our hearts with her dazzling emerald Hollywood Glam look at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. Her custom silk dress was styled by Alessandro Michele of Gucci and complimented her features in every possible way. From the eye-catching bodies to the shimmering green train, this dress was everything a Hollywood buff could dream of.

Anya-Taylor Joy

Taylor-Joy flaunted her elegant black tulle dress by Maria Grazia Chiuri for Dior this past week and made certain that no heads went unturned. This all-black ensemble featured a tulle bustier that led to a flowing tulle skirt which complimented her figure beautifully. Of course, to make this look fit to her brand, she sported a bold red lip behind her netted fascinator, proving that the best accessory can sometimes be nothing more than a simple red lip.

Megan thee stallion

Megan Thee Stallion’s appearance at the Oscars proved what we all already knew: she can pull off any style flawlessly. Her bold blue gown was styled by Indian designer Gaurav Gupta and made her look straight out of a fairytale novel. Her look was paired beautifully with silver and blue jewelry, and some similarly sequined blue heels.

Jada Pinkett-Smith

Although Mrs. Pinkett-Smith was in the headlines post-Oscars for other reasons, her look still managed to steal some of the show. Her look was far bolder than many others, featuring a wild green long-sleeved gown by Jean Paul Gautier from his Spring/Summer 2022 collection. Her dress was both unique, still going with the gorgeous green color that we have seen a lot of trending this season.

Senior at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign studying Environmental Policy and Economics.