Music Blog: Gettin’ Down With Chiddy Bang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Last Wednesday, March 28, Axe Body Spray representatives were on campus, and they created quite the uproar as they circled blocks in their distinct black truck. The Axe team was on campus participating in their national campus tour, “One Night Only,”. The team gave out FREE concert tickets to the Diplo and Chiddy Bang concert that was going on later that evening. The concert caused a buzz on campus that caused many people to turn up their speakers to some Chiddy Bang music.

If you’re like me and waited until recently to tune in to the band, I can assure you they are worth it!  Chiddy Bang is an alternative hip hop band from Philadelphia, Pa, consisting of Chidera “Chiddy” Anamege and Noah “Xaphoon Jones” Beresin The band got their start in 2009 on a popular music blog, “Pretty Much Amazing”, which featured Chiddy Bang’s songs on their MySpace account.

Since this showcase of their talents, the band has put out 6 albums; The Swell Express, Air Swell, The Preview, Peanut Butter and Swelly, Breakfast, and Grab A Plate coming out this year.  The sound of their music has a hip hop and alternative vibe, and they use samples from artists like Radiohead, Passion Pit, and MGMT.

With such a unique blend of talents, Chiddy Bang is a perfect addition to any summer playlist. If you enjoy a mixture of different genres, you will enjoy this band.  They are doing big things in the music world, and are becoming a widely respected band. Tune in today!

Some of our favorite songs:
Ray Charles-Chiddy Bang
Danger Zone-Chiddy Bang
Truth- Chiddy Bang (featuring Passion Pit)

Emily Cleary is a 22-year-old news-editorial journalism major hoping to work in the fashion industry, whether that be in editorial, marketing, PR or event planning is TBD. With internships at Teen Vogue and StyleChicago.com, it's clear that she is a fashion fanatic. When she's not studying (she's the former VP of her sorority, Delta Delta Delta), writing for various publications or attending meetings for clubs like Business Careers in Entertainment Club, Society of Professional Journalists, The Business of Fashion Club, or for her role as the Assistant Editor of the Arts & Entertainment section of her school's magazine, she's doing something else; you will never find her sitting still. She loves: running (you know those crazy cross-country runners...), attending concerts and music festivals, shopping (of course), hanging out with friends, visiting her family at home, traveling (she studied abroad in London when she was able to travel all over Europe), taking pictures, tweeting, reading stacks and stacks of magazines and newspapers while drinking a Starbuck's caramel light frappacino, blogs and the occasional blogging, eating anything chocolate and conjuring up her next big project. Living just 20 minutes outside of Chicago, she's excited to live there after graduation, but would love to spend some time in New York, LA, London or Paris (she speaks French)!