The Most Iconic Moments in Ariana Grande’s ‘thank u, next’ Video

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Ariana Grande released a music video for her feminist anthem “thank u, next” and it freaking smashed. Here are some of the best moments of her iconic video. 

The Burn Book 

First, let’s talk about her own Burn Book she made during the Mean Girls portion of the video. Ari had a page for all of her different ex-boyfriends, the last one being for her ex-fiance Pete Davidson where she addressed their split by writing “sry I dipped” and “I love u always.” 

The Mean Girls Cameos

After you get over how amazing Ari is as Regina George strutting down the hall, you might notice Jonathan Bennet, aka the real Aaron Samuels from the movie, and her Nickelodeon co-star from Victorious Elizabeth Gillies, aka Jade, as Cady. 

The Bring It On Cameos

As we move onto the next movie we get to see even more Victorious cast cameos, which was very exciting for me personally. Here is Matt Bennet aka Robbie Shapiro reenacting the teeth brushing scene. 

Also, you may have recognized this face among the cheerleaders as Daniella Monet, aka Trina Vega. 

The Doll House from 13 Going On 30 

This was a perfect scene showing the beautiful dollhouse from a truly amazing scene originated by Jennifer Garner. 

Legally Blonde and Bend and Snap

Everything about Ariana as Elle Woods was incredible, and this was my favorite part of the whole video. 

In this scene when Jennifer Coolidge reprised her role as Paulette, she gave Ari some pretty solid advice about expanding her horizons when looking for a new romantic partner. And then, of course, they did the Bend and Snap dance with the whole salon. 

Kris Jenner 

While no one can ever replace Amy Poehler as Mrs. George, it was funny to see Kris Jenner step in with her video camera. 

Photo 1 Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5 | Photo 6 Photo 7 | Photo 8 

Media and Cinema Studies Major at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 
Gloriann Lance

Illinois '19

Hi! My name is Gloriann Lance and I am a senior at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I am one of the two Campus Correspondents for the 2018-2019 school year and I have been on Her Campus for 3 years.